Zwave get updated 7.17.1

Good to know. :slight_smile:

Btw, Im loving the new features you guy's added in 2.3.1 - there's been a few times when I've moved simple/basic rules to RM so I could add additional nuances so that migration capability is great!

3 Likes

I just attempted the update to the habitat firmware and received an error at around 90% that said: Z-Wave Updater: ERROR: The device was unable to receive the requested firmware data

I rebooted the hub and tried again with the same result. I am on the latest habitat software update. Has anyone else experienced this?

Try a shutdown instead, then remove power. Wait 1/2 a minute and then power it back on and try again. This should remove any persistent junk in memory.

1 Like

Thanks!. Just a quick follow up. There is another thread on this issue and I was able to get the update to complete successfully after rebooting and going to the zwave page and waiting for a few minutes to let background processes complete before start gin the update.

2 Likes

My battery powered end devices are almost all shown as having no route to the hub. Actually, at first most everything was lacking routing info. Turning the devices on/off physically did not change that, only going to each device page and turning them on/off brought route info back.

5 of my 6 Roller Blinds are unresponsive.

Try powering down your c7, disconnecting power for half a minute then powering it back up.

This should force all zwave devices to go looking for the c7. It's also worth just letting your network sort itself out over 24 hours.

1 Like

I did that earlier today, but I'll give it another shot......

Yup, dat fixed it.

1 Like

Cool, good to confirm patience is the cure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had two devices acting that way. They seemed to have low batteries and/or were dead.

Found another that popped up just now. It had a low battery--but twiddling it made it come to life enough to get back in the good graces of the hub.

It seems, maybe, that devices that don't chatter enough might get dropped from the route list???

Woooot, this is definitely fixed for me on 7.17.1! I’m stoked! I’m especially pleased that my upstairs hallway sensor now turns on the hallway light within 1/2 a second of the motion detected light on the sensor turning on.

Previously I could be halfway down the stairs before the light would turn on!

6 Likes

Would be curious to know if anyone has seen anything like this... 18 hours after the upgrade to the new firmware my zwave details page contains two entries with no route and a "discover" button. The weird part is if I go look for those devices by node number in my devices tab, they do not exist. I don't know if these entries were in the zwave details table before the upgrade, but I do know there were none showing no routes and a discover button. I wonder if they could be ghosts that somehow the upgrade revealed? Clicking discover does not appear to do anything.

They're likely ghosts

2 Likes

Yeah my thinking too. Previously hidden ghosts apparently because prior to the upgrade I checked. What I SHOULD have done is taken a snapshot of my zwave details page before and after. But I got lazy.

I'll give them a bit before I try to get rid of them. I use device watchdog and a 36 hour reporting window. If they dont show up after 36 hours and they don't appear on my device watchdog activity report, out they go!

5 Likes

I waited. They never appeared on device watchdog. And here's the great part - I clicked REMOVE and they LEFT!

8 Likes

Very good to hear that the ghosts left easy. The cleanup should help things generally for you on your mesh too.

1 Like

Yeah. I am diligent about monitoring my zwave mesh and these ghosts were definitely not there before the update. So something in the stack changed that exposed these ghosts, but my assumption is that they were there quietly wreaking havoc before.

I am not ready to put my zwave stick away yet but I have hopes.

5 Likes

But at least we can take off the UZB necklace that we've been wearing every day. :wink:

5 Likes

If someone has problems to update the usb SLUSB7000A firmware using Z-Wave PC Controller 5 and get a message "failed to update locally". Try to use an older driver found here CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs. The version that I used was [CP210x Windows Drivers] - v6.7.6 - 9/3/2020. The version v11.1.0- 3/22/2022 didn't work for me.

1 Like

Thanks for this but unfortunately did not work on my problematic UZB7. Interestingly my other UZB7 updated fine on v11.1.0 + Windows 11

I gave it a shot though.. :slightly_frowning_face:

(yes serial port settings are correct)

I had that before updating now it's all black (no characters). I don't know why...

1 Like