Zwave get updated 7.17.1

Yes, the ZSE40-700 already has this fix from the start, it only sends reports on the first motion active then again for inactive. The 500 model with 32.02 will send notifications every 8 seconds during active motion which was thought to be contributing to the mesh problems it was causing. Even worse, by default it sends TWO alerts together, one as a BASIC command and one as a Notification command. So after much pleading Zooz delivered a fix for the old 500 model.

7 Likes

New version with some additional fixed @bcopeland @mike.maxwell

6 Likes

Interesting.. 7.17.2 includes this on the fixed issues list:

ID # 750117 Large network becomes unresponsive using 700.

5 Likes

Yeah the problem is always that they don't specify which component fixes that particular issue. Is it the firmware? Is it the plaform? SerialAPI fix? Is it a specific app? Etc.

But I am all for them fixing things. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

True.. and it's not clear if solving that issue requires updating all 700-series device's' firmware (not just the hub) to the 7.17.2 SDK level.

6 Likes

Is it likely that the wait to release HE 2.3.1 is more related to the Z-Wave SDK, or just working out other improvements to the software? I am asking because the improvements to the SDK would seem to help more Users than any additional improvements to the software functionality.

There is more; they have publicly commented on some upcoming features, including some Rule Machine enhancements. I can't remember what else is or isn't public except that and the fact that they're also testing the Z-Wave firmware update, but there's at least that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I had a hub that had some Z-Wave table corruption - a device was showing up in Z-Wave details but NOT on the secondary controller. Was unable to remove and in all likelihood thought I would have to reset Z-Wave and start over.. :scream:

Last ditch effort went with the Beta and was finally able to remove. Also noticed that while I did get a network busy message once when attempting a device repair it seemed to clear up quickly and things did not get bogged down. Also adding devices seems to be working fine as well.

:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I am not trying to dump on Hubitat, because I like their products and people. But they do seem to be overly software-centric, when in fact, they are selling a "system" that includes hardware (antennas, controllers, etc.) that must perform for their software to be of any value.

I would hope that Hubitat also uses network sniffers to fully understand how their "system" is working in the real world. But I am not confident that they do...

1 Like

I am.

I've conversed with Staff regarding Zniffer traces over the years.

8 Likes

I would also say both @mike.maxwell and @bcopeland use them

3 Likes

One simply cannot perform this work without capturing and analyzing frames...

13 Likes

Ugh, I've been getting the dreaded z-wave network no-response more lately - this FW update can't come soon enough! I suspect I just haven't seen it more often purely from a lucky timing PoV - but when it does happen, it's frustrating as hell.

1 Like

So I'm not exactly sure what to report. All 5 of my 500-series ZSE40s are paired and are reporting with no noticeable degraded performance thus far. I'm not seeing a ton of chatter in the logs, however, I have had 2 of them go from 100% battery to 1% battery during this time. It could be a coincidence because these sensors are all about 2 years old and theoretically could all be up for battery replacement, but it's a little bit TOO coincidental. I'll continue to update over the next couple of days if the new batteries also drain.

It is, lithium batteries last a long time, then the voltage falls off a Cliff.

3 Likes

Yup...and always dies just when you need the device most. :slight_smile:

I hope it helps you out...been lots of good things reported on the new Z-Wave stack update that is enabled w/the new FW.

3 Likes

Yep, it usually happens when you are in a meeting and your study lights turn off and then won't turn back on! :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I dont know if it's my imagination, but my z-wave network feels more responsive on 2.3.1 + ZW 7.17.1 firmware.

4 Likes

Mine did straight away as well, my old device hub worked much better after the update.

5 Likes

It’s not :wink:

7 Likes