Zooz Zen17 relay

@bcopeland Sorry to bug you again about this, but iif you are going to take another look at this driver, enabling the on/of timer parameters for this device like you did for its predecessor (the Zen16) would be a request as well! Parameters 6/7/8/9/15/16/17/18

4 Likes

Yes please, with all these parameters it is harder than it should be to get this device configured correctly.

Cool, thanks!

2 Likes

@agnes.zooz , thanks for not forgetting about this. Are there any other firmware changes? The Change Log is not yet posted for this firmware version.

Thanks,
Steve

2 Likes

@agnes.zooz, my Zen17 is on version 1.04 of the firmware; hardware revision 1.

I don't need the ability to reverse sensors in the software, and would rather not deal with an upgrade if not necessary. Is there any other reason to consider upgrading the firmware? ie, Any other changes / fixes that are important for device reliability?

I ask because every once in a while my garage door behaves as if it has received a second signal from the relay. If closing, it will suddenly auto-reverse; if opening it will suddenly stop. This is very infrequent. It might be caused by the Zen17 processing the same message twice; it might also be a sign that my garage door needs adjusting.

Thanks!

Marc

2 Likes

Occasionally see the same symptoms with the same firmware version. Following.

I went ahead and updated to 1.10 so I'll report back if it improves things on the garage door front. I'll give it a couple weeks or so.

According to Zooz support:

Firmware update 1.10 adds the ability to control open/close reports, as well as resolved a power outage bug, where the status on the inputs wasn't updated when changed during a power outage.

Where did you see this fw 1.10? On Zooz website 1.04 is the latest.
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/727-zen17-universal-relay-change-log/

Look up a few posts. Agnes Zooz posted it.

Yep, this is brand new and the site hasn't been updated apparently.

They do have the 1.10 parameters listed here.

https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/698-zen17-universal-relay-advanced-settings/

1 Like

Cool, I just requested it. Thanks..

EDIT: Upgrade to 1.10 went well. Had to exclude and include device for it to show up as 1.10 on hub.
One thing I notice is if I power cycle the ZEN17 with relays On they physically turn off and stay off when powered back up but Hubitat still thinks they On. Hubitat holds that last switch and relay state until I manually change the states back and forth.

I upgraded my Zen17 to FW 1.10 and ever since my garage door shows a short circuit on the button input. If I disconnect the Zen17 from the garage door, then everything is fine.

All of the current settings for the ZEN17 can be found here and the updated change log can be found here. Let me know if there's any other information missing!

3 Likes

I am bumping this thread to try to get the built-in driver updated. New Firmware V1.10 has changed some of the input settings.

@bcopeland See request above. Can this make it into the current beta round?

3 Likes

Would still like to see all the parameters exposed instead of just some of them. It is quite difficult to configure this device correctly with all these options using just the Basic Zwave parameter tool.

7 Likes

I've been fussing with the ZEN17 to get it to control a spring return damper actuator. I have the type damper that includes "auxiliary switches" that let me detect when the actuator has moved past 5 degrees and 85 degrees. I've got it all working by setting up the actuator power like a DC motor example in the docs and turning on the "Contact Sensor" firmware feature to get the two extra contact child devices (four child devices total). It did require programming the ZEN17 for these when first paired w/HE and then excluding/including it again. Also turned off the "Input Trigger for Relay 1/2" to keep the contact sensors from trying to drive the relay.

+1 vote for full feature access to the ZEN17 parameters.

2 Likes

That would be awesome and it's something that the 700 series Z-Wave technology makes absolutely possible :slight_smile: All of the parameter settings have labels and the hub has the option to display them without any extra code or integration as long as it follows the protocol :wink: We've been testing it on some other platforms and it works great! The ZEN17 Universal Relay as well as our other 700 devices all have built-in labels for the advanced settings. I'm sure Hubitat will catch up and it will enable this very helpful feature soon.

5 Likes

Pretty please @bcopeland. This is the best zwave relay on the market if you could open the features for us!

5 Likes

So, my Zen17 arrived today, and I am having a difficult time to get it included.
Any tips?

I have tried the inclusion many times without success; I have tried excluding it, and resetting it. All nothing.

I am trying to include it from within 3 ft of the hub.

UPDATE: Having issues with other z-wave functionality, so located where I could do a z-wave update for the Hub. After that, everything great! And able to add Relay as well.