Zooz Z wave motion sensor ZSE18 Killing Zwave Radio

Did you pair it on usb but then switch to battery?

No sir did it independent with just Habitat find and pair.

So paired on battery only. ok. Just making sure.,

Yes ! I have removed it and sent it back was too much hassle I ordered a zigbee sensor

2 Likes

Ok case closed then I guess since you got rid of it.

Is this the one where there are actually 2 different pairing methods/button press sequences depending on USB vs Battery? That is, it's not *just a matter of if it happens to be on USB power when paired or not. I wonder if the OP inadvertently did the USB version of the pairing rather than the Battery version.

Edit:
Found it: If you inadvertently held the pairing button instead of just tapping it, it would have paired in signal repeater mode and very quickly drained the battery (or it could have been a defective unit that was just stuck pairing that way regardless):

I only know the because mine is usb powered and I had to figure out how to get it to act as a repeater because the actually instructions included with the unit and on their webpage don't include the above.

I have not used the usb connection at all, but I have had issues before with Zooz my guess it’s got to do with the security even though I did not use it with security!

Unlikely, I had mine paired with S2 for a while and eventually flipped it over to None to see if it would respond a little quicker.

Case reopened this morning the radio on z wave was down again

Had to shutdown completely and restart any ideas? The zooz is not the issue it’s not in the system! As I thought before has to be something else

Here’s some more information

I believe you said you have a Zooz 4-in-1 as well? Can you check the device page for the firmware version being reported, that will tell me which one you have.

Do you have any other sensor or power metering zwave devices? Those are what typically can be configured poorly and overwhelm the radio causing a crash.

Also, might be helpful if you post the entire zwave details page (multiple screenshots are fine).

Here

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 7.17.25 AM
are the screen shots.

I still think not having those xmas tree plugs in there may contribute to affecting you

1 Like

Ok I will remove them and see

That does not show the firmware but it looks like you are using my driver and have the new 700 series device, so FW should be 32.32 or 1.10 which are the same thing.

What is the Garage Motion 2 device?

Here is an example of my settings for the ZSE40
You just want it to be set so you are not getting constant, unnecessary, reports from it.

So I plugged those xmas devices in , and removed the motion two from the Garage it was stuck on Active so it gone now, And I made those changes you suggested on the ZSE40. Let see what happens after those changes. Strange stuff at times. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this works.

You can adjust the motion clear delay down if you want but having it higher will create less reports so not a bad idea for testing. Did you wake the device so the changes would apply right away?

Other than those two motion sensors I don't really see anything that should normally be sending a lot of updates to the hub.

You could also Check the logs > Device stats tab. See if any of the other devices are high on the list, might be an indication of excessing reporting. Sometimes a device will go bad and start spamming stuff out, has been known to cause issues for other people in the past.

Check this thread for example of a bad device killing the mesh

1 Like

so it appears we have solved this been a couple of day s without any crashes. Knock on wood.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.