Zooz Fan/Light Controller!

I just installed the first of these devices and had the HE discover it without issue.

I wasn't sure if it would be helpful, but I wanted to provide the following:

Device

Label:

ID: 21

Manufacturer: 027A

Product Name:

Model Number:

deviceTypeId: 130

more...

nodeId : 21

deviceId : A008

manufacturer : 027A

deviceType : A000

inClusters : 0x5E,0x26,0x25,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x70,0x5B,0x60,0x9F,0x6C,0x7A

outClusters :

Just a quick follow-up to let any interested parties know that after changing the driver to "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" and hitting Configure on the device page - this allows On/Off/Set Level functionality for the dimmer and seems to work as expected. I think we'll just need a proper driver to control/monitor the adjunct relay. Pretty good for now...

3 Likes

Thanks, I just paired mine and switched it to the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer and it works for the dimmer for now. I'll have to wait to automate the fan based on humidity, but this is a start.

@agnes.zooz I get a noticable hum at full brightness and it doesn't dim as low as i'd like for night use, however it does dim about 50% brightness with no flickering. The bulbs (9) are some early dimmable LEDs do you think new bulbs would make a difference or a resistor like the Aeotec Bypass? Are there any LED globe bulbs you've tested that you recommend?

Thanks

1 out of 2 joined successfully, the second is stuck in initializing... Any ideas?

Am I correct that there is no driver for this yet?

Correct. I have had success using the built-in "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" driver to control the dimmer portion of the device. Remember to hit "configure" on the device page after changing the driver and saving...

Third try was the charm. Both are up and semi running

1 Like

9 bulbs seems like a lot and it's possible the dimmer may be overloading. It's only rated for 75 W of LEDs. Do you happen to know the Wattage on each of the bulbs?

I guess I remembered wrong it’s 8 bulbs and they are 6 watts each

Wattage looks fine there, it may be an issue with the driver. The bypass would only help with no-neutral set-ups since it acts as a dummy load. This seems to be a driver problem, would you happen to have the brand and model of the bulbs?

Sorry I don't we bought these bulbs probably 7 years ago

This doesn't show us the dimmer requirements unfortunately (it would usually be mentioned in the specs or manual). Have you controlled these bulbs with a dimmer before?

No before it was on a two paddle switch one for the fan and one for the lights

FYI, I had to go buy new faceplates since the old ones were too small. Never had that happen before.

It's possible that the bulbs require a special type of driver compatibility then (LED bulb dimming driver, not Hubitat driver in this context just to clarify!). Unfortunately, there's nothing on the software side that can be done about this. Would it be at all possible to try a different set of bulbs in this location?

@napalmcsr Can you get in touch with our support to describe the issue? Did you have to buy a special type of plate? We haven't heard of any issues with wall plates and the paddle is the same exact standard size as on other wall switches we compared it to so it would be great if you could send an image or a description of the problem to the support team so we can take a closer look at it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Sorry, but I threw away my old plates, and bought new ones that fit just fine. I figured I had builder grade switch plates, that I could replace for a dollar a piece.

I'll try new bulbs after the holidays. Happy Holidays! Thanks.

1 Like

@agnes.zooz

I know you said before about no ETA for a driver for the ZEN30 switch. I know that it has been mentioned an official HE driver is coming in the near future but I was wondering if you are close to releasing a ST version of the driver so someone could port a driver to HE soon.

I don't want to install my switches until drivers are available. I have tried the generic smart drivers with not a lot of success.

Thanks.

The ST driver should be ready around January 6th. Everything goes a little slower around the Holidays which I know is disappointing since this is precisely when you guys have more time to test and take on new projects. We hope to see the official driver in the next release but nothing has been confirmed yet. As I mentioned before, Hubitat is great in releasing frequent updates and integrating products quickly so it shouldn't be much longer!

2 Likes

This driver will be in platform 2.1.8

3 Likes