Zooz 4 in 1 humidity

Would it be possible to update the Zooz 4 in 1 driver to adjust humidity on a 1% basis up to 15 or possibly 20%?

I ask because I recently bought 3 of them to turn on / off humidifiers in 3 different rooms. I noticed they were significantly different from my nest thermostat... I wasn't sure which was right, so I bought an old fashioned metal dial humidistat.... and it tells me the nest is right and all three zooz sensors are off by about 10%. While the built in hubitat driver allows for a 10% adjustment, I'd like a little more incremental. It allows 1% up to 5, then it jumps to 10%. Any chance of getting 1% increments up to 15 or 20?

@mike.maxwell Hi Mike - I wasn't sure who to ask about this, hopefully someone can let me know if it is possible?

I was thinking instead of a pull down menu with whole bunches of options, maybe it could just have an offset value like some of the other drivers do?

best way to modify this would be using the super basic z-wave parameter tool Mike Maxwell provides:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/super-basic-z-wave-parameter-tool/3477

That way you can tweak the advanced parameters to your liking.

Edit: Looking at the manual for the Zooz 4-in-1, I don't a parameter for adjusting humidity offset, I believe the parameter you are talking about is for adjusting what percentage change must occur before humidity a humidity report is sent.

Humidity Sensor
Reports relative humidity.
Parameter 3: Use it to set humidity
percentage change to be reported by the
sensor.
Values: 1 - 50 where 1 stands for 1% and
50 stands for 50%. Default set to 10%.
Size: 1 byte dec.

Edit2: Rather than worrying about the actual accuracy of the Zooz sensor perhaps you can just account for it in your rules the control the humidifiers?

I do this with my rules that control my bathroom fans, I have them turn on/off based on the measured humidity of the bathroom sensor and a "base-line" sensor that is located outside of the bathrooms not affected by the humidity of the showers.

2 Likes

Sorry for off topic, but I'm looking at doing the same thing with my bathroom fans. What switches do you use for this? A GE fan switch or just a normal on/off or dimmer or something else?

Just using a standard GE z-wave plus switch. My fans are DC and thus don't put a heavy load on the switch. As long as the switch has a relay you should be OK.

1 Like

Thank you for the tool, and I really appreciate you researching my device for me! I had installed the zwave parameter tool driver and was about to look up the Zooz manual to see if I could figure out how to use it... then I got distracted. I really appreciate your help!

I was looking for an offset not the change trigger, as shown in this screenshot of the built in Hubitat driver.

As you didn't find the parameter in the manual, maybe the offset is built into the driver and not the device?

Not ideal, but definitely a possibility for a work-around if I can't get assistance with the official driver. The reason it isn't ideal is I display the value on a dashboard so I can see the inside humidity versus outside, and use the inside humidity as a reference when (via the dashboard) adjusting the value the humidifiers turn on/off at. To implement your suggestion, I'd have to create a fake device to show on the dashboard and adjust rule machine for the offset... definitely not ideal, but it is possible if that is my best option.

Yep, your right, some of the drivers allow "offsets" internally, doesn't have anything to do with the actual device value.

I'm considering buying the V2 of the zooz 4 in 1, how well is it working for you all? I primarily want it for motion and humidity (the later for bathroom fans, the former to turn on hue lights for night light.) I've had bad experiences with motion sensors already being such that I can walk into the bathroom and leave without triggering motion (I literally have to linger for a few seconds with the hue motion sensor.) Also does anybody know if the monoprice version work just as well as the v2 of this?

For me it has been very reliable. But I do not believe it is on the hubitat list of best motion sensors... in one of their videos they showed it and while they gave it no love there weren't many options for semi cheap with humidity. Maybe there are more options now.

I think it is slightly slower than a good zigbee motion sensor. But I was able to adjust them on the wall to catch you just before entering to minimize delay of on once I enter the room.

I dont have any experience with the hue sensors... but from what I have seen if a zigbee sensor is that slow there is some other issue... zigbee interference, bad rule, other apps slowing the hub. Hard to pinpoint!

1 Like