Zigbee Devices which are not working for me

Hi,

I am new to hubitat, before using hubitat i was using home assistant however it is not stable as hubitat. I have few zigbee devices some of them works flawlessly with hubitat. Others are stuck at initialising and some are added but I cannot find the right driver. Though I got couple of compatible drivers however it doesnt seem to work. Attached is the following devices I Own which are not working.

TS011F

by _TZ3000_okaz9tjs (connects to hubitat but doesnt work) (used this driver https://github.com/kkossev/Hubitat/tree/main/Drivers/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Metering%20Plug)

lumi.sensor_switch by LUMI (stucks at initialising)

Connects to hubitat but not working used https://github.com/kkossev/Hubitat/tree/main/Drivers/Tuya%20Smart%20Siren%20Zigbee doesnt seem to work

stuck at initializing

Doest not connect to hubitat though connects to home assistant but doesnt work though it somewhat works with Zigbee2mqtt not proper driver is found

( TS1201 by _TZ3290_ot6ewjvmejq5ekhl) details from home assistant.

at present i am trying to connect all using home assistant. i installed the driver for home assistand and the app in hubitat but i am unable to figure out how to use it. i cant see anyone of it in the device list. followed [RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

I am new to to home automation seen and i am looking for some guidance.

thanks all

@kkossev any thoughts?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Perhaps, what makes Hubitat more stable could be that our developers are testing devices to ensure they work as expected. Generally, if you have any problems with a device or driver listed on the Compatible device list you can expect the problem to be resolved in the next update, as long as the issue can be reproduced in our testing environments.

For those devices that our engineers didn't test, or didn't feel like they can deliver the expected reliability, you may find community drivers/integrations as you have discovered already. For these community efforts your experience may vary, but generally our community developers are very responsive and act quickly to help resolve any possible bugs. While many users enjoy the multitude of options that our community offers, you may want to keep in mind that some of these devices are known to be less reliable and could cause problems.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. However, is it possible to use with home assistant and bridge to HE and make it work ?

Yes. Just be aware that if you use Home Assistant Device Bridge, the hubitat device will first appear only when there's a change in state at the Home Assistant end.

2 Likes

Possible, yes. But I have to defer to other community users for the level of effort to make it work, as I am not familiar with that implementation.

1 Like

I do not understand this part.

They won't immediately show up in Hubitat once configured. There will need to be a state change in Home Assistant after they have been setup for the device to show in Hubitat.

1 Like

i changed the state but not showing anywhere

Yes its finally showing up. but do i need to manually assign drivers if its not available?

I’m seeing the Zigbee HA page on Home Assistant in your screenshot, but you said you are using Zigbee2MQTT. Confused by this. Z2M isn’t required to join device to Home Assistant, but for the maximum compatibility options, Z2M is a better choice.

On the Hubitat hub, you must select the device entities in the Home Assistant Device Bridge application you would like to be imported to your Hubitat hub. As mentioned, they must then be actuated to appear in the Hubitat device list. Note that buttons joined to Home Assistant do not have entitles and will not show up in the Hubitat device list.

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer i mentioned earlier i tried using zigbee2mqtt but some device do not work and later i am using HA as it detects all devices.

Now its showing like this:

now when i click the _TZ3000 outlet its showing me below

should i add a driver and check it works or not ?

another example

i can see the alarm properly in HA and works like below

but when i am going to HE its showing me

i tried to use the driver from https://github.com/kkossev/Hubitat/tree/main/Drivers/Tuya%20Smart%20Siren%20Zigbee

it shows like below but no button works

also my smart outlet showing 5 entities like below
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 7.30.32 PM

This happened to me the other day with a Philips Hue motion sensor.
I tried the option, Pair While Exchanging Keys In The Clear, whatever that means.
It worked.
I never had that issue before, though, pairing a lot of Hue motions to C-8.

@velvetfoot thank you, tried that didnt work for me

Only "switch" in this case will be an actionable entity. The others are just information as in the example where you added the entity "sensor.tz3000.okaz9tjs_ts011f_rms_voltage" and the resulting device on Hubitat shows "power: 0" in the Current States.

For your siren, regardless of the name of the switches in HA, you have only two actionable entities and they are both named switch. Import both of them, and one will be the siren. I've no clue what the one showing in Zigbee HA that is simply labelled "Switch" is supposed to do.

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer but what drivers i should use?

i am using generic zigbee siren but its not working

I used to run Zigbee HA on Home Assistant as well, and that stuff drove me nuts, where an feature of a device is simply labelled "Switch" as an example. I now use Z2M and find it much more detail oriented and more device features are available overall.

I had problems with doing it myself, but I'm told that it is possible to run both ZHA and Z2M together at the same time so you can choose which integration you want to join your Zigbee devices to. However, I'm not personally recommending that based on my experience.