Zigbee 4 relay card and sw

Hi I'm new to the Hubitat community
First time user of the elevation hub model C-7.
I bought a switch and a relay x4 zigbee board and would like to control it. Can you please send me a link to a walk through or how to begin documentation?
Any one worked with those AliExpress items below?

β‚ͺ 58.50 29%OFF | Smart Zigbee Switch 4 Channel Module With RF433 Zigbee Switch 5-32V DIY Work with Alexa Smartthing ewelink APP Remote Control

β‚ͺ 29.81 39%OFF | Tuya Smart ZigBee Light Switch Module Smart Home Automation DIY Breaker Supports 2 Way Control, Work with Alexa Google Home

Thanks
Ariel

The product links did not load. Try again so we can see the products.

I tried to add the links but the forbidden in this forum... Please advise how can I share them with you?
I get this error message when I try

See below, regarding the first device. I do not have any experience with it, but I remembered MHCOZY devices having a similar description.

As a new user to the community, you won't be allowed to post links. After you participate in the community for little while, it will then give you that ability.

1 Like

[quote="relsaar, post:1, topic:79283, full:true"]
Hi I'm new to the Hubitat community
First time user of the elevation hub model C-7.
I bought a switch and a relay x4 zigbee board and would like to control it. Can you please send me a link to a walk through or how to begin documentation?
Any one worked with those AliExpress items below?

β‚ͺ 58.50 29%OFF | Smart Zigbee Switch 4 Channel Module With RF433 Zigbee Switch 5-32V DIY Work with Alexa Smartthing ewelink APP Remote Control

β‚ͺ 29.81 39%OFF | Tuya Smart ZigBee Light Switch Module Smart Home Automation DIY Breaker Supports 2 Way Control, Work with Alexa Google
Home

Thanks
Ariel

Finally it let me put some links...

I tried to use generic zigbee switch but it controls only the first channel, and with generic zigbee multi endpoint switch it turns all channels on and off. There is no way control a single channel...
Can you please advice how can I change the generic driver and add more channels?

Thanks!
Ariel

Double posting an issue tends to lead to responses/solutions being missed. Looks like you may have answer on another thread.

2 Likes

Hi, i tried to click on the configure before but nothing happened. When i enter the device now is was charged exactly as you described.
I guess it had some delay?
Anyway i check each channel and it works great!
Thank you so much!

Best regards
Ariel

I bought one of these on Amazon yesterday, I should have it before the weekend. Here is the Amazon link. MHCOZY 4 Channel 12V ZigBee Relay

I did purchase one too (MHCOZY 4 Channel 12V ZigBee Relay Switch) and I'm configuring it (C7, firmware 2.2.8.156).
I set this device as a generic zigbee multi-endpoint switch: OK
I can manage each relay (latch mode):

If I switch (dashboard) each relay, I have the status of each one,
If I push physically each button on the mobo, I obtain only the status of relay 1, but none of the 3 others,
I have the history on the log of every relay (pushed through a dashboard or by rule) but can't obtain a log if relay 2,3,4 are physically pushed.

incidentally, I don't know how to change the timer for the auto-switch (non latching mode). Not very important but could be interesting.

Btw, never installed any related app and doesn't have any "zigbee hub" except HE

Any clue ?

I had not tried the push buttons until your post. I can confirm that button 1 is the only button that registers status in the log. All 4 buttons trigger the associated relay.

I have not tried to change the timer non latching mode. I did see somewhere it was referred to as "inching mode" I'll try to look through my research and see if I can fine how to change the mode and timer.

Hi Everyone,
I too have purchased the above 4 channel zigbee relay and were been able to get this paired using the latest HE firmware 2.2.9.129 with HE reconising this device with the 'Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch' driver (as expected)
My problem is two-fold

1. child devices (3 other relays) are not showing up within the driver settings
  2. The basic on/off button within the driver is not switching on/off the relay

If l change the driver to the Generic Zigbee Outlet, l can switch on/off 1 of the relays, but again the other child devices/relays are not being displayed

Would anyone please have a driver that works this device or is there some sort of trick to pairing this device in order for the child devices to be recognized?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Mine is 2.2.9.146 and the generic multi end point was OK. (try to update)
I remember it took a while until configuration was correctly defined. (It may need a restart)

Anyway all 4 of the push buttons worked before I configured the device. Did you check it?

I now have a new problem with this board.
After a day or so it freezes and you can't control it via dashboard, also all rolls can't be applied.
After I plug it off and on again it will work again for another day or so....

Did anyone encounter such a problem with that board?

I am getting the same as Carnsew, using firmware 2.2.9.146.

I just can't get the driver to create the child devices!

Hi Everyone,
I have managed to get these working with the child relays being displayed
What l did, was to change the driver to use the 'Nue Zigbee Dimmer' and wait 1 minute which then produced the child devices (relays)
I am currently on 2.2.9.146 and have since changed the driver back to 'Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch' which is still working as expected. I suspect the most recent firmware update has fixed this issue.

1 Like

Yeah, there's a bug (failure to create child devices) in the 2.2.9 driver specifically and only in regards to the ewlink/mhcozy brand devices, this is resolved and will release in platform 2.3.0

1 Like

What is the release schedule for 2.3.0? Or is there another work around, changing the driver to Nue Zigbee Dimmer didn't work, presumably that worked on 2.2.9.129? I see references to rollingback firmware updates but I can't the option anywhere?

Rollback option is on the Diagnostic Menu -> http://yourHubIp:8081

1 Like

There were no changes to the Nue driver in 2.2.9.xxx so rolling back isn't going to do anything. 2.3.0 beta just started, so release will be soonish probably.

1 Like