I'm getting seriously fed up with the way this device is handling Z wave routing. I thought that adding devices would help build the mesh and make things work more efficiently, unfortunately the opposite is true. When I started out a couple of weeks ago, all devices except one had a direct path to the hub. Now after adding a few devices the mesh is a complete mess.
Example 1: Device 3 > Device 2 > Hub, but when I look at Device 2 - Device 2 > Device 3 > Hub. It's clear that both devices 2 and 3 have a direct path to the hub so why on earth are they routing through one another? (that's an example using different addresses to the actual ones)
Example 2 - I have an outlet in the living room (device 16 on the topology) with a direct optical line of site to the hub (14 feet away). Instead of connecting directly, it routes first to a light switch (8 feet away no obstacles), then goes backwards on roughly the same line through itself and a double cavity wall into the garage (12 feet), then back through the same double wall past itself again and the previous light switch, through another solid wall and floor to the landing light switch (22 feet) before finally travelling back through two walls and the floor again to reach the hub (16 feet)
Needless to say the topology chart looks awful. Z wave repair just assigns the same routes or something even more ridiculous. I this going to sort itself out or will I have to exclude the lot andd start again. It's not really an option to do that as the exclude function doesn't seem to work on the hub and I have to power up my old smart things hub to do the exclusion as it when I've tried previously it didn't work on the Hubitat.