Xenon 4-gang + 2 USB extension, Unable to switch off individual sockets

I have had no luck even pairing this device with Hubitat. I'm holding in on the power button for 5-10 seconds until the blue light starts blinking. Is that all I have to do? Also, I've noticed two modes apparently - one mode blinks about twice a second, the other mode is about once a second. Is that important? I read the user guide that came with it, but it just wants you to install their Smart Life App, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I was about to return mine as I never got it to work or work reliably and then I realised it's faultless with Home Assistant so kept it just for that.

Same with some Aurora wall sockets

Yes, the Xenon 4-gang USB extension works without problems in any other Zigbee hub, different than Hubitat. It works in Home Assistant (both ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT), it works with SmartThings hubs, and, of course, with Tuya hubs.

Last week I have successfully linked it to Hubitat using the experimental Zemismart M1 - Matter Bridge for Tuya Zigbee devices driver, all 4 gangs and the USB ports are controllable. I expect to be ready with the first beta version of the Matter Bridge driver in about a month.

@snewpy as this device is problematic to be paired directly to Hubitat, an alternative solution (other than HomeAssistant or SmartThings) is to purchase a Tuya Matter Bridge hub and bring it to Hubitat this way (Matter is in beta testing for C-7 and C-5 hubs at the moment).

1 Like

Probably I got a newer version of this - but it works/pairs just fine and does it after factory reset as well. Newer Tuya Power Strip works fine with generic drivers

1 Like