What Have You Added to Your Setup Recently?

Totally forgot to add..

• iRobot - The integration is awesome. When my robot starts cleaning I run an RM that captures the state of all the current lights, turns all of the lights in the area to be cleaned on, then when it docks, it reverts all the lights to the state they were in pre-cleaning. Huge WAF, and I love it too.
4 Likes

These new strip type with IKEA TRÅDFRI driver joined directly to HE. Only turns on when all light are off and one of three motion sensors is triggered. They turn on instantly when the good night sequence is triggered and turn off after 5 min w/o motion.

This SwitchBot contact/motion/button in one, using this ESP32 integration for HA which I then sync back to HE.

Moen Flo, which was bloody expensive for me especially, but has already caught two abnormal problems, and helped me discover a faulty garden hose tap. Is integrated with HE with various different brands of flood sensors, and HA for flow rate triggering, which I use as part of my bathroom fan automation.

Deebot OZMO 937 is on order to try out because it was really inexpensive. I will most likely integrate it via HA to HE if it’s worth keeping. It supports Alexa, so I might integrate with that instead, since it’s likely to be easier to setup, and I can then just trigger routines from HE.

3 new Insteon 2477D dimmers

20 Pico remotes

5 Likes

I do like the way the light is a nice continuous beam of light on the floor, rather than my Hue strip under my kitchen bench that shows up the individual lights.

3 Likes

I used to use diffusers to make it the LEDs on my front port look less discrete. Maybe when I get new ones, I'll get the COB strips that @SmartHomePrimer posted.

2 Likes

COB?

1 Like

COB = chip on board. It's highly flexible LED "tape".

1 Like

What's the diff between those and a regular led strip (such as lifx or osram?)

Very density of LEDs and extremely flexible.

2 Likes

have a link? Now im curious... And how are they for outdoors?

No idea. But a covered porch should be ok.

https://www.amazon.com/PAUTIX-Dimmable-Function-Bedroom-Lighting/dp/B091YZYWGX?th=1

2 Likes

There's the$e from HUE.

1 Like

I’m so pleased with these. Very small and high density LED count as @aaiyar mentioned. Not messing around with a diffuser made the higher cost of these worthwhile, with excellent results and a very short install time. They use quality 3M tape, so I’m confident I will not have them falling off after a few months like I’ve experienced with other cheap LED strips.

2 Likes

They are not waterproof and the listing says indoor only. But I don’t imagine a covered porch or eaves would cause grief as @aaiyar mentioned.

3 Likes

What's the max length on these? Can you add on sections?

One reviewer said there was a noticeable difference in brightness over 5m. I used much less than 5m for my project and I wired all three strips in parallel, not series.

3 Likes

Which iRobot model are you using? Is there a built-in/community app to control it?

The J+

And yes, using this app + stuff on my RPi : [RE-RELEASE] iRobot Scheduler

1 Like

Three of my favorite recent additions:

1. Zooz zen 16 connected to a sacrificial key fob to remote start my truck either by voice command, dashboard or scheduled based on when I need to leave for work

2. My patio misting system connected via an Orbit bhyve wifi hose timer. I can turn on my bond fans and misters either via a Google routine ("hey Google, it's hot outside" turns on the fans, but "hey Google, it's f*cking hot outside" turns on the fans and the misters), my dashboard or an NFC tag on my patio

3. A rule machine rule that adjusts the volume of my speakers based on which room had the most recent motion detection so my music follows me throughout the house

2 Likes

Also just added an IotaWatt Energy monitor. Very happy with it...

4 Likes

What’s that - you have the option of using 14 clamps and are only using 5??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: