Wemo Connect App error

I am getting an error when I try to go to the app:

I am seeing this in the log:

I have updated app and drivers. No change.

Anyone else seeing this?

YapFlapper

@jason0x43

Happy new year Jason. Could you check on this??

I'll take a look at it later today.

Thanks

@YapFlapper I added some additional debug statements to the Connect app. Could you update to the newest version and try to record another failure log? I'm guessing that maybe the app is unable to get the port or IP of a device and that's causing the issue.

That would make sense. I had some new devices and forgot to put in static IP. I put them in and then noticed the issue.

Here is the part of the log where the errors are.

It looks like two lights. My Entry Light and my Stair Light. This matches up with the two light switches I am having issues with.

I added a few more log statements to the Connect app -- update it and lets see if that shows anything new.

Also, are you manually setting the IP addresses of the two lights in question in Hubitat or at your router?

DHCP initially assigned the IP. I then went into router and made it permanent.

Latest log.

@jason0x43 i'm also having an issue with this. if i try to control a device or use any command in it, i get the following error:

image

this is after updating the code to what you have on your github as of Jan 14

I can open the app though and it does find my devices, it's just now i'm not able to control the devices. from looking at the switch code, it's basically any line that references "device" that is throwing the error

after deleting an old device then adding it back through WeMo Connect, i'm able to successfully control again

I have not updated to the latest code yet as I just saw this but am getting the same issue.

is wemo connect in package manager? Do you need to always run wemo connect or just to get the devices set up?

Any one have the smart plugs working?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CJTMBF8

You only need to run it to initially connect devices.

From the logs, the code is trying to update a device's IP address with a null value. Hmmm...the code probably shouldn't try to update a device's address when an address has been manually specified. I'll try to update the code with a check for that later tonight or tomorrow.

Ok let me know if there is anything I can provide. I updated the code and now not only do the new smart plugs not get discovered but my other wemo's are all failing and can not be controlled. I have them in a group and when I turn on or off the group this is what I get in the logs


dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:32.720 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:32.601 pm infoTurning on

dev:202021-01-16 04:48:32.597 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:202021-01-16 04:48:32.433 pm infoTurning on

dev:182021-01-16 04:48:32.407 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:182021-01-16 04:48:32.273 pm infoTurning on

dev:4672021-01-16 04:48:32.199 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 222 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:32.028 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:31.905 pm infoTurning on

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:31.900 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:31.775 pm infoTurning on

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:31.733 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:31.610 pm infoTurning on

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:31.598 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:31.474 pm infoTurning on

dev:202021-01-16 04:48:31.469 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:202021-01-16 04:48:31.333 pm infoTurning on

dev:4672021-01-16 04:48:31.328 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 222 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:31.142 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:30.987 pm infoTurning on

dev:182021-01-16 04:48:30.979 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:182021-01-16 04:48:30.810 pm infoTurning on

dev:172021-01-16 04:48:30.805 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:172021-01-16 04:48:30.621 pm infoTurning on

dev:162021-01-16 04:48:30.617 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:162021-01-16 04:48:30.490 pm infoTurning on

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:30.485 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:30.270 pm infoTurning on

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:30.111 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:29.969 pm infoTurning on

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:29.946 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:29.829 pm infoTurning on

dev:4672021-01-16 04:48:29.814 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 222 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:29.642 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4662021-01-16 04:48:29.520 pm infoTurning on

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:29.515 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:152021-01-16 04:48:29.389 pm infoTurning on

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:29.109 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:4682021-01-16 04:48:28.956 pm infoTurning on

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:28.937 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 65 (on)

dev:3772021-01-16 04:48:28.777 pm infoTurning on

@Panda i was getting those errors when i left my existing devices. when i removed my existing devices and used the updated code, it worked again

Download the Hubitat app