Webcore update corrupted today

I had a pending update today for Webcore in Hubitat Package Manager. During the update, it failed and do a rollback, so I am still operational. The error says to make sure that Webcore is not in use with devices. I have updated webcore probably hundreds of times and never seen an error. I tried a "repair" on Webcore in HPM and after a long time I got the same error. All my Webcore pistons are still operational. Has anyone experienced anything like this today?

Yes. A couple I found with a search:

Manually grabbing the code from GitHub (see the first post in that second topic) will work around the problem, or you can wait for some changes to be made to either HPM or Hubitat itself that may help. You can also migrate to the built-in integration and not worry about updating code yourself, though the process, while simple, is not fully automatic.

2 Likes

Error Occurred During Installation
An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy.

Be sure the package is not in use with devices.

Did you read the post above?

I don't actually see a question in your post but assume you're wondering what the cause of that message is and what a workaround for now is. You'll find both there.

This still isn't fixed and I went to the github site and manually installed the drivers. This ended up breaking my Webcore. Going to a backup now.

A manual install will not break anything unless you mismatched what code goes where. Restoring from a backup is a good idea and I would let you try again if you wanted to.

webCoRE is also mostly apps, not drivers, unless you're using the optional pieces like the weather, presence, or graph tile drivers. Updating an app would not affect drivers.

Getting this error myself, don't see a resolution on this thread (first one I found). Any updates on how to fix this?

If your problem is only with HPM, a manual inatall/update as described above still works (or you can use this version until the problem is resolved, switch to the built-in version if you don't want to have to update yourself, or share more specifics about you problem if this isn't it).

Problem is that same as everyone else's, times out on update.

• Manual update makes me nervous as I've seen others have issues, I don't trust it.
  • I can wait for the fix but would sure like to have a timeline as I'm sure most everyone else here would too...it's been an ongoing issue for a long time...is there a line on a fix?
  • Switch to the built in version is not an option due to there being no remotely viable migration path other than a complete tear down and rebuild.

I know this is freeware and I'm grateful for such an awesome product. I also want to be realistic here and not pretend that this hasn't been an ongoing issue with no end in sight for a long time.

A manual update works. It's the same thing HPM does under the hood, and it's the way we all did things (and many still do) before HPM existed. If this process failed for someone else, it is because they did something wrong, not because there is something wrong with the process itself. (Maybe they mixed up the parent and child app code?) Such problems are avoidable by following instructions.

Hubitat does not normally commit to timelines for any releases, but I'd expect you'd need to wait until at least 2.3.9 for this since 2.3.8 is probably done at this point.

You don't have to re-create all your pistons, though depending on your setup, you may still need to address some issues afterwards. See: webCoRE built-in on Hubitat - Do I need to transition and how?

Thank you for the speedy reply, it is appreciated. I've read through that article in the past (can't believe it has been almost a year and a half!). It sounds dicey and I have not had success with

"you have to move all your pistons from the user installed webCoRE instance to the built-in install webCoRE.

this would be the backup/restore or import piston methods you may have used when you initially deployed webCoRE on you HE hub."

Maybe I was doing it wrong but I messed with it for an hour or so and then reverted back...seemed to be getting more messed up the more I tried to make that work (having two instances of Webcore open in my browser was a cluster to say the least).

I'll keep waiting, thanks again for the reply. Hopefully the team can solve these two problems soon (updates broken and no migration path)