webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Hello, I have st with webcore since 2 years, I have hubitat since January, then I ask if I could install webcore on hubitat and told me it cause hub saturation and many problems... Now I see there are many people with webcore on hubitat, I want to know if I can install webcore on hubitat and it will work fine.
Other question, the webcore I have on st will stay separated of the webcore I will install on hubitat?.

Lot lot of thanks.

The problems webCoRE had at the very beginning did cause issues but those were long ago fix. webCoRE has evolved into a very efficient and robust app. I run webCoRE for 100% all automations with 90+ pistons and over 100 devices,

The pistons you have on SmartThings remain separate from Hubitat. You use the same UI but there is a tab in the upper left of the UI which allows you to switch between the two.

Lot of thanks. I will install on hubitat.

With the pushover integration can you set the title, sound and priority from inside webcore?

Yes. In my setup I have one piston that does the pushing. It takes sound, title, and priority as $args and defaults to whatever value I have set if the calling piston doesn't provide the arguments.

I think you want to search pushover in the forums. The pushover device is built-in to Hubitat. I'm not finding documentation in the HE documentation on its capabilities. So I'm not sure if you need to create multiple devices each with different settings or if you can embed strings into your message to adjust pushover handling of the message.

When there was a custom driver (user written), there was a way

If you still don't find it you may want to contact HE support

Yup, thats the way I did it on ST but I saw pushover integration I thought maybe there might be an easier way

OOoh, I totally misread your post, sorry :slight_smile: You meant the native HE pushover.

Hi there i have the Fibaro UBS (FGBS-001) using the Hubitat native driver...

i have setup the Input 1 Switch Type to "momentary" and Input 1 Device Type to "button"

The log from hubitat reads a state change from the button
dev:2632020-08-13 18:07:16.333 infoFibaro_handle button child 1 button 1 was released

dev:2632020-08-13 18:07:16.012 infoFibaro_handle button child 1 button 1 was held

but no matter what i do, i cant get any status of the device in Webcore...?

any hints ? i have been using webcore before on smartthings, but have just jumped on the hubitat for local processing...

but these fibaros are the heart of my smarthome, and for now i cant use them...

any help or tips?

In note 1, and 2 of this thread, there is some discussion on Hubitat button control is different and how to use it in webCoRE. (short answer, need to end your piston, may need to re-create the if or assignment statements that check for buttons)

See first 2 threads of this topic.

Thx for the reply, i have created the piston from skratch, and in the log the button never sends any info to webcore at least, i have set it up as the webcore guide displays it, with held / pushed. Button gets held 1... no Luck, every other buttons window sensors works fine... is there anyway to capture all data from a device in webcore to See what gets transmitted, perhaps it is necessary to create an expression to capture events of this particular device...

Edit changed the title encasing to ^^ as {} cant be used in webcore expression

Added custom title in message by encasing it in ^^ example ^This is my title^
Added choose sound from message by encasing it in ## example #bike#
Added Default title in preferences

An example message

"[H] ^My Title^ My Message #bike#"

The title & sound can go any where and in any order in the message except before priority if it used

Code is available here Hubitat/pushover-notifications.groovy at master · tmleafs/Hubitat · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks! I will give it a spin with the water leak alert.

You can post here or in webcore forum a green snapshot of your piston so someone else can try/test it. I have button programs that work with webcore, so while not your button, I know they work.

the thing is, i dont think it is a webcore problem, i tried to create the trigger with the native "RuleMachine" - this didn't trigger either, but the button gets the states when i look in the hubitat log

i have contacted hubitat support about it now, because it seems that the device works, but somehow the events from it doesn't get acknowledged..

regular window sensors etc. works perfectly, so perhaps it is something to do with the "virtual" child devices it creates (using native drivers for the FBGS-001)

@nh.schottfam I am getting this error in the logs for my dryer monitor... I use acceleration events to trigger.

[app:9](http://192.168.0.193/logs#app9)2020-08-14 09:50:44.062 pm [error](http://192.168.0.193/installedapp/configure/9)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [and] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), split(java.lang.String), take(int), each(groovy.lang.Closure) on line 845 (deviceHandler)

Also, my piston doesn't seem to be performing any of the tasks... I just get the following in the WC logs.

8/14/2020, 9:50:28 PM +241ms
+3ms ╔Received event [Laundry Dryer].acceleration = active with a delay of 98ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+6ms ╚Event queued (6ms)

Just event queues...

Recently i added a couple of GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switchs. They support double tap and hold triggers. Anyone know of a way to use these triggers in a piston? My options here are only switch and level.

Thanks

You should see Double Tap and Hold in the list of options when the switch supporting double tap is included in the action.

Found out my issue which is unrelated to webcore. Using hubconnect and need to update the capabilities.

2 Likes

This is not a critical issue but I updated webCoRE using the package manager and almost all of my pistons have this error in the log;

║WARNING: Results may be unreliable because the parent app's version(v0.3.110.20200821_HE) is newer than the child app's version(v0.3.110.20200716_HE). Please update both apps to the same version.

I've checked and both the child and the parent are running the same version. Could it be that package manager is saving the child/parent in the wrong order? Or should it be disabling webCoRE until child/parent are both saved?