webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

I would check your hub mesh devices are setup properly, and webCoRE piston is using the proper devices.

I don't see anything so far that shows webCoRE itself misbehaving.

1 Like

I have done that. On reboot it "takes time" Default 2 minutes to synchronize up. That has been set up for quite some time too. Some devices may show offline until the next sync. Dashboard will show offline for two minutes and then it is OK. RM Rules work everything seems to work just the Webcore is affected. Maybe it is the C5 and Processing. I'm just seeing strange behavior since moving the firmware of the C5. Example, I check Wi-Fi and Geo fencing for presence and combined them together. This just failed where typically this has been solid. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. I'm getting an error the comes and goes with a Webcore variable that it cannot be read but I don't see any issue with positon and it is still working. Thanks for your help.

You need to show some logs of this. I have C5s, reboot them all the time.

The example you show, webcore sent the command and the device is what is showing the offline. WebCoRE is sending the command and you can turn on device logging to see what it is or is not doing...ie webCoRE does not change the device internals

This thread has lost its purpose. It has turned into an unwieldy disorganised support thread.

Can we get a new read-only thread that contains important updates and release notes for Webcore Hubitat?

…. Which is what this thread was originally for.

3 Likes

Well the first post is regularly updated to show changes and fixes related to Webcore, with archived notes of what was fixed in previous builds. Were you looking for anything else regarding updates, or were you possibly unaware this was there? It has been edited 237 times, so I feel @nh.schottfam has done a great job keeping us informed.

The more recent posts are mostly others speaking up when they have a problem with a certain Webcore related function, or something is not operating the way they are expecting it to within Webcore.

Fortunately, I feel this thread is pretty on topic, and I have seen other threads on the forum which get wildly off topic, or drift away from the original issue posted about. And when it does get highly user issue specific, the moderators tend to take it into a PM based fix, rather than just spamming the thread here.

5 Likes

The March 5th 2023 update was the first update in 2.5 months. And it was made after I wrote my post about this thread losing its purpose.

One update in 2.5 months can’t be considered “regular” particularly when there’s been releases every week or two this year.

As for:

“The more recent posts are mostly others speaking up when they have a problem with a certain Webcore related function, or something is not operating the way they are expecting it to within Webcore.

Do you really believe it is the best solution for a multitude of support problems to be mixed into a disorganised mega-thread whose topic was intended for update announcements? There is an entire category in the Hubitat forums dedicated to Webcore. In forums like this different issues are usually addressed in individual topics of their own. That’s just how things are usually done. Disorganised Mega-threads like this aren’t helpful.

Just some constructive feedback. That’s not really the issue I care about anyway.

But I do care about release notes being available. I’m a software engineer myself. Releases should not happen without release notes. It’s the duty of the software engineer to provide these. People need to be able to make an informed choice about whether or not to take the update.

I always take the “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it” route so I always look for release notes before I make a decision. Personally I think dedicated read-only threads work best such as the approach taken by the Hubitat engineering team:

1 Like

New update posted today, see note 1 for details.

Should be in next HE firmware release.

4 Likes

@nh.schottfam
can you please explain a little bit more about the " * updates for DST calculations on every schedules"? What does that mean?

Currently I have pistons to stop and resume every single pistone twice a year to fix the DST issue in time. Is this still necessary?

Thanks for some explaining words.

Someone pointed out an example of an every statement that had not calculated DST changes right, that is what was fixed.

If you upgraded and are concerned, you can pause/resume pistons that do this after the upgrade.

There is nothing wrong with what you may be doing now, (I understand why this was needed), I have been trying to stamp out any last issues.

2 Likes

New release is pushed out. Note 1 has details.

It is also available in latest HE firmware for built in.

2 Likes

Seems to be stuck on this...

Edit
Took ages, but worked

Hello,

The update from 1.0.76 to 1.0.77 keeps getting stuck on Updating Piston and shows Fatal Error and rolling back. HPM then finishes with an error. I'll post a screen shots as I'm trying again.

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to get this to Update?

All,

I deleted some Local Back-Ups (I assume these use memory on my hub). Then used the HPM Repair Feature for WebCore and it seems to have loaded fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

I would be sure you hub firmware is up to date.

You can reboot before running the HPM update and let the hub settle.

Without seeing some logs, hard to guess what is going on.

I am up to date on the platform updates. I tried updating webCoRE with HPM twice. The first time it failed while updating 'piston'. I did nothing between the first and second update attempts. The second pass was completed without error.

Edit: Adding Log entries related to the above (app 417 is HPM):

I'm having the same issue upgrading with HPM from version 1.0.75 to 1.0.77. (C8 Hub on firmware version 2.3.5.130. The error occured on the previous version of the firmware as well).

HPM ends with the following error:
Error Occurred During Installation
An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy. Be sure the package is not in use with devices.

And in the logs:
app:702023-04-27 16:36:59.124infoFatal error occurred, rolling back
app:702023-04-27 16:36:59.117errorError upgrading app: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
app:702023-04-27 16:31:58.711infoUpgrading webCoRE Piston
app:702023-04-27 16:29:33.519infoUpgrading webCoRE
app:702023-04-27 16:29:32.901infoDownloading webCoRE Storage
app:702023-04-27 16:29:32.319infoDownloading webCoRE Piston
app:702023-04-27 16:29:31.803infoDownloading webCoRE
app:702023-04-27 16:29:31.366infoDownloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/resources/files/WeatherTile2.css
app:702023-04-27 16:29:30.934infoDownloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/resources/files/WeatherTile2.js
app:702023-04-27 16:29:30.470infoDownloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/resources/files/WeatherTile.js
app:702023-04-27 16:29:30.016infoDownloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/resources/files/HubiGraph.js
app:702023-04-27 16:29:29.432debugPerforming update
app:702023-04-27 16:29:27.279debugprefPkgVerifyUpdates

I've even tried to soft reset the hub - still experiencing the same issue after the restore when trying to update webCoRE.

Thank you.

you can try to save the file(s) individually.

The log shown above suggests HPM had a problem downloading from git (ie sounds like a network error)

In short I have not seen this issue and sounds like a networking problem that HPM is having

Thanks for the response. I don't know how to save the files individually, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. (In case it might be essential to know - I've tried upgrading over a period of 3 days, getting the same error. In between, I did the soft reset of the hub.)

Just FYI: I tried to repair the webCoRE installation with HPM and received this error after about 20 minutes:
Error Occurred During Installation
An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

Be sure the package is not in use with devices.

@nh.schottfam I'm currently not able to access "Register a browser" on PC and mobile on the local network, it's saying something about a certificate error?

Edit, managed to fix it on PC by deleting site data, still cant access on Firefox mobile..