webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Please do a repair. I want to see it resolves the problem before pushing it on everyone.

1 Like

I thought i posted but I dont see it... in regard to my issue with webcore logging not updating real time (kinda stops logging)....I did an HPM repair and the webcore app code said updated today ....but still logs not updating, while I can see it going through lots of steps and logging is on full. Tried again on both Firefox and Chome

One more question...i got the piston down to 1 trigger at the top and then some conditions after that. When the dog gets off the scale, I must be getting 2 triggers close together causing the piston to execute twice..... Is there a setting that will say "if I get another trigger while executing the code for the last trigger" to hold off evaluating that trigger until done processing the code?
(I'm getting 2 logs to Google docs)

1 Like

I think you want to look at

https://wiki.webcore.co/Task_Execution_Policy

Sometimes my set level commands get this question mark by the level percentage. Anyone know why this happens? Clicking on it and hitting save makes it go away, so its not a big deal. I just don't know why it shows up, or what it means.

So there is a new update available.

Please note this version only runs with 2.3.1.130 or later of HE firmware (this is the current released version as of today)

Key changes:

• a lot of optimizations and improved Groovy compilation (these are what requires the latest HE version)

• more dashboard improvements from @ipaterson (currently on staging.webcore.co or if you install local dashboards)

• improvements in refresh and updates
  • improved logging for pistons when in 'FULL' logging, that timer schedules and cancels have more data on what is being scheduled / cancelled and where in the piston restarts are occurring.

• improvements in else if statement processing that Task Cancelation Policy should correctly be matched to the else if (the bug was it was tied to the if)

• improvements in condition optimizations to deal with condition true/false statements properly when determining optimizations.

• added new file commands for HE hub files (thx to @thebearmay ) for assistance.

• adds commands

• Write to file
        • will create the file if it does no exist
      • Read from file
        • data is put into a system variable $file
      • Append to file
        • will create the file if it does not exist
    • adds a new function exists(filename) which returns true/false if a file exists

• files are text files. You can use webCoRE json commands/functions to use other data types

• files are managed in HE console -> Settings -> File Manager

Example Piston:

12 Likes

Thanks for all the amazing work!!! Really awesome.
I like that you were doing improvements to the logging....
is there any plans to put identifying line numbers on each line in the logs? It can sometimes be difficult to know where it the code the log line represents
Thanks again for the great work!
Tim

There are two sets of numbers:

Line numbers (on the far left) and statement numbers to the right of the statement in a comment style.

webCoRE in the logs uses the statement number.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of the hard work! All pistons worked perfectly with the update!

1 Like

After updating to the latest WebCoRE (C-3 hub is at 2.3.1.130), I'm seeing 'Event processing failed' logs on a few pistons, for example:

Here's the piston that produced those logs:

with its trace:

I'll push a fix. The issue is the empty if statement #5

fix pushed.

3 Likes

Looking good now, thanks!

Since the latest update comparison of a string variable against an empty string no longer works:
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 16.48.46

While I can use the following instead, having to go through all my pistons to see where I need to check that would be a little painful…
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 16.46.50

1 Like

Having trouble writing text files to the hub with special characters. I am writing song artist - title to a file and get this :

Queensr�che - Silent Lucidity.mp3

and not this:

Queensrÿche - Silent Lucidity.mp3

1 Like

Pushed a fix for this.

5 Likes

Hi, I'm always having same issue after I update webcore. Some of the pistons do not work. For example pistons with timers never run after update. I need to edit piston.. do absolutely no chages to it and save. After that pistons work normally. Is there something that should be done every time after update just to make sure that pistons works normally?

Hi,
When trying to duplicate a piston, the new one is blank. Nothing being copied.

Does pause/resume work for these? (edit does the same thing)

Hmm, I just ran a test...works fine.

Did you follow:

At some point I probably have tested this and then realized it did not help but can't be sure. I'm testing this next time problem occurs(next update).