This is a Digest of webCoRE tips and information

11 Likes

Problem solving:

There are three classes of issues commonly seen:

• HE firmware is not up to date

• do keep your HE firmware up to date
  • webCoRE is not installed properly

• ways to resolve:

• politely reboot your HE hub (HE console -> Settings -> "Reboot")

• Let the hub settle after the reboot (3 mins or so)
        • then try again.
      • common resolution:

• Ensure webcore files are up to date:
          • you can use HPM 'repair' on webCoRE
          • or you can manually install / update the webCoRE source files (see install link in note above)
      • Less Common / not very common

• you may have a db corruption on you HE hub

• take a backup of your HE hub and store it on your computer
          • search for 'soft reset' in the HE forum can help
          • otherwise you may need to work with HE support if you still have db problems

• webCoRE IDE is acting strange
    • See next note
2 Likes

What to do if webCoRE IDE / Dashboard is acting strange?

• Make sure webCoRE is operating properly (note above)

• Typically this a browser caching issue that occurs if the webCoRE IDE files have been updated (css, html, js)

• in webCoRE Dashboard -> select 'Log Out'. (on left)

• then register your browser and login again

• Clear webCoRE login data
    • HE console -> Apps -> webCoRE (main instance) -> Settings -> Security -> "Clear all browser security tokens".

• Ensure you next/done your way out of webCoRE (at bottom of each page)

most times this will resolve your issue. If it does not, do browser cache/data cleanup and exit:

If you really want to clear things out, after logout do the following:

• Clear all browser caches

• Many times this is NOT just hitting the 'reload' or 'refresh' button near your address bar.

• internet searches for clear browser cache with the name of your browser can help

• you are trying to clear cookies and data (so if you go here, don't decide to keep your cookies)
      • you want to ensure the browser pickups up latest data from webCoRE server vs. caching it.

• Exit your browser

• reconnect to dashboard.webcore.co, staging.webcore.co (or your server for Dashboard/IDE)

Note, if you are running a local html/js/css server to host the webcore IDE files, you first should ensure this server is running and is up to date with latest html,cs,js files from the HE webCoRE repos.

• It is common to see folks using the wrong repo for these files. See notes 1, 2 in the main webCoRE thread (listed above on Install Information for webCoRE on HE).
2 Likes

Reporting issues

• if you want piston help, the webCoRE forum is also a resource with folks that can help on writing pistons
  • if you believe there is a webCoRE bug or feature request see below:

You can use a private message, start a new topic, or add to the main webCoRE on HE thread

(PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD BUG REPORTS)

Desired information:

1) Give a description of the problem
I got a new motion sensor and thought I’d try to have my bedroom lights turn on as I’m heading to bed

2) What is the expected behavior?
Turn on Switch 1 (Virtual Switch used for goodnight routine), then If if motion is detected within one minute, turn on my bedroom lights

3) What is happening/not happening?
Switch turns on, motion is detected, lights not turning on. Seems so simple, not sure what I’m missing,

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach any logs by turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS in message THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM)

1 Like

Download the Hubitat app