Water Flow shutoff valve's that work with HE

@alexcapone , did you see this recent post?? This looks like it can handle that valve lever but you might have to expand the opening..

1 Like

Hey I saw that and was hopeful but I watched the video and it said it should be a ball valve which I dont think mine is. I also saw the video which shows the valve type that works:

Mine looks more like the valve that is incompatible. I'll reach out to Zooz anyway just to confirm.

Sorry - I see you posted a photo of your valve earlier in this thread. You definitely have a ball valve! So no worries on that account.

1 Like

That is a strange looking handle.. @alexcapone - does it require full rotation(s) to turn on/off? If it only rotates by 90 degrees wouldn't that be indicative of a ball valve?

1 Like

They call that a "T-handle" ball valve.

https://www.amazon.com/Everflow-Supplies-615T034-NL-Threaded-Handle/dp/B00MA9DLDC/ref=asc_df_B00MA9DLDC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198075593684&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3804168106177687810&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9025102&hvtargid=pla-350201564048&psc=1

Also, the handle can be replaced ....

1 Like

Oops I misread your earlier comment - I just realized you were saying it WAS a ball valve... so, yeah I agree that @alexcapone should be okay on that front.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I reached out to the construction manager of my home and he told me it is a 1ā€ Pex ball valve. He also mentioned I could swap out with a single lever handle. I reached out to the Smartest House to see if that would work. Here is another close up of it:

I would probably need to remove the enclosure casing to meet the minimum clearance measurements.

With PEX, I would be hesitant to install anything other than an in-line valve.

1 Like

Thanks. I noticed you recommended leaksmart. I found an openbox 1" valve on ebay for $170.

Apart from Leaksmart and the Bulldog IV are there any other in line valve options that you all would recommend?

I would prefer z-wave because I ordered the new Zooz Zwave water leak sensors. If I have a Z-wave in-line option I assume I could set up associations between the shut off valve and the leak sensor. I also have a pretty strong mesh zwave network with Zooz switches throughout my house.

Having said that I would be willing to go with a zigbee option since it seems my options are limited for in-line zigbee/zwave. FYI, Watercop discontinued all z-wave products and I couldn't find any non-ATT branded z-wave on ebay. I found one open box zwave Fortrezz for $275 on ebay. For that price I could just buy a new Bulldog IV for $50 cheaper.

SinopƩ makes an excellent zigbee valve also.

2 Likes

I have the Bulldog and am happy with it. Kind of expensive though. I also have used the Dome Shutoff valve which worked fine but was a bit flimsier.

1 Like

The Sinope Water Shutoff works great (via Zigbee). It also has a battery backup. Available from the company, but don't forget to tell them that you want the Zigbee version.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I saw SinopƩ has a ZigBee 3/4" PEX ready valve which is almost exactly what I need except my valve is 1" diameter.

Sorry I know nothing about plumbing. Is there a conversion fitting that would allow it to work with a 1" PEX valve?

Try the Sinope website...

Yes. You need two reducing couplers. Your plumber will know what to do.

Thanks I reached out to Sinope and they basically told me the same.

The plumbing change is very simple; any plumber will know exactly what to do.

1 Like