Very new to Hubitat. As in, VERY new. Questions about dashboards

Looks like Hubitat's built-in driver does not expose that parameter. However, assuming your device does indeed support it--and this manual I casually Googled suggests it might (and your previous experience would indicate it does)--then it is still possible to manually set it.

What I would do is install Hubitat's Basic Z-Wave Tool driver (add the raw code to "Drivers Code" in the admin UI--in case you've never done this before), then use that to set the parameter as specified in the manual. If yours matches the one I found above, that would be setting parameter number 1 with a size of 1 to a value of 1 (so fill in "1", no quotes, for all values in the Set Parameter command box, then click that button to send the command). Then, switch back to the "Fibaro Wall Plug" driver or whatever you were using before.

2 Likes

Haven't checked this yet @bertabcd1234 because something suddenly did not work anymore, so I decided to start fresh. So, now I have a question. When I get home, I want to set a mode. However, the modes I can select are:

Away
Day
Evening
Night

But those are specifc moments of the day. I just want 'Home' as a Mode. Can I add this mode, and if so, where can I do this?

In the past I've done modes this way:
home-morning
home-day
home-evening
away-morning
away-day
away-evening
But it was kind of kludgy...

Another thought would be using a global variable to track your "time" period modes or "home/away" and use that for tests.. you have to set them of course.

1 Like

Settings > Location and Modes

2 Likes

DAY, EVENING, and NIGHT modes are all designed to imply that someone is at home. While AWAY, is typically indicative that no one is home.

1 Like

Yep but sometimes it's desirable to have away-morning and others.. would be nice to incorporate that into a mode "object".. home/away, morning/day/evening, guests/no guests - stuff like that..

2 Likes

Just a reminder that Modes contains a word. Can be anything. Spring, Summer, Autumn (Fall) or Winter if that appeals. They can even stand for the same thing... as in its "Spring" in the morning, Summer all afternoon, Fall in the Evening and Winter all night. Just words to symbolize something. Mode Manager is an App that uses Time and day of week, etc. to set/adjust the word. But if you're using Mode to symbolize something else, then you'd write your own Rules or an App to change the word to match. :slight_smile:

I think it's important to understand it is just a word that means nothing does nothing, til we tie it to something. I don't use Mode. Never have BUT, I have Mode Manager setup AND HubConnect is configured to distribute Mode. I even display it on a couple of Dashboards. But nothing USES it. It's purely decorative in my system. (Although the reason I did this was to be aware of how it works so I could better contribute here in the Community.)

4 Likes

Yes.. although it is used in conjunction with HSM and other system apps so the text does have some inherent meaning at least in terms of additional system functionality.

But to your point, nothing really special about a set of text strings..

I am using a Mode object I created in Node-RED. It consolidates/simplifies certain aspects that I use for my automated lighting routines etc.

2 Likes

Mode is inherent in both Mode Manager and HSM, absolutely. :slight_smile: (I use neither, although again, I've set up both to become familiar with.)

To your point, one could use Node-Red to function the way Mode is set by default (day&time) and then use Hubitat's Mode for something else entirely. I've read about people that LIVE in climates where temperature is a daily or at least a monthly factor. :slight_smile: Maybe Hubitat's Mode word could be aligned to that... Hot, Nice, Cool, Cold, HellFrozeOver. :smiley:

2 Likes

Added 'Home' mode, so that worked :slight_smile:

I'm experiencing difficulties, and I don't know why. For instance, in 1 room I have 2 windows. I am using Xiaomi Aqara window sensors. They worked fine, no issues at all. Now, they don't work, and I can not seem to figure out why. All others are working, and the batteries are not dead.

Another issue I'm having is with Hue lights. I have a rule that should turn on the lights 30 minutes before sunset. That does not work:

The lights do not turn on. Also, when I click on them manually, I have to do that a couple of times for the light to 'take'. However, I also have a rule that turns off all the lights at 22:00h and that one works flawlessly? So it's not a problem with not being able to reach the lights, otherwise the 'turn off at 22h' would not work either.

That's just 2 things that I'm struggling with. Other things too, but at the moment I'm busy with moving, so it's difficult to find the time to troubleshoot this.

Right, I did not touch anything, and the lights worked tonight. Weird, but okay, I'll take it.

I don't understand HSM. I get home, I want the mode to be set to 'Home'. I added that mode. Hubitat mentions that it is set to Home. Great. However, in HSM, the status is 'armed away' even though I am home.

I have created a simple rule. If I arrive home, set the mode to Home. Apparently that status is NOT the same als the HSM, because, well, see these screenshots:

But then in HSM...:

I don't want it to be Armed away. I'm at home, therefore the mode of HSM should be...well, I guess disabled? Or something? How do I do this?

HSM and Location Modes are independent of each other unless you go into HSM and set up the conditions to arm/disarm based on location modes. For example you could set

Location Mode HSM Mode
Away Armed Away
Night Armed Night
Evening Armed Home
Day Disarmed

And then associate different sensors to monitor with each HSM mode.

That makes a lot of sense! Let me fiddle around with that a little.

Having to click them several times to respond sounds like it may be an issue with mesh. What kind of device coverage are we looking at for zwave and zigbee?

This tool is good for helping diagnose issues with Zwave mesh.

Where can I do this? I can find the option to configure which sensors should trigger in specific modes, but I simply want to say "if I am home then set mode Home', and then when mode is set to Home, that should trigger HSM to be 'disarmed'. How can I configure this? I could not find it in the HSM app?

Well, last evening it worked again, but yes, I still have to add lights (not all of them are reinstalled yet in this house) so that mesh should get better once I do that.

It's all inside the HSM app, but some options don't appear until you fill in their predecessor requirements. You'll probably need to define the sensors to monitor for each Intrusion level first (i.e. Intrusion-Night, Intrusion-Away, Intrusion-Home, etc.), but then you should see a section underneath called Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options

Is it possible to change the color of 1 single tile in a dashboard? For instance, I have a main dashboard, and on that dashboard I have several 'link tiles' to a dashboard with all the outlets, and another dashboard with all the power/usage readings of the wallplugs/outlets.

But on the main dashboard, all the tiles are grey. Now, I can change all the tiles to another color (is it color or coloUr?) no problem, but I only want to change the color of 2 specific tiles and I want them to be a different color from each other. Is that possible?

Click on the three dots and take note of the tile id (should be formatted like tile-99), close that. Click on the cog wheel, and select Advanced | CSS and enter

#tile-99 {
      background-color:red;
}

and save.

Let me try this...