Using Hue Dial Switch

I bought a Hue Dial Switch recently and it turned up today. I have set it up in the Hue App, yet to integrate it with HE, but thought it would be interesting to provide a space where people could discuss their use of this product.

The setup in Hue was unfortunately "delayed" due to what appears to be a known issue around a need to include a software update on the Hue bridge, but once it was updated to the latest version, a very smooth experience turning scenes on and off with the 4 buttons and dimming the lights up and down using the dial. It does feel like HE or other platforms are likely to provide that extra level of options when responding to the physical buttons and dial.

Anyway, enough about me.... Has anyone else taken the plunge and bought this recent addition to the Hue platform and integrated it with their HE setup? My likely setup will include integrating this using the Community developed CocoHue or Advanced Hue integrations, allowing for the push notifications from accessories like this (without confirming yet if that will be possible with this accessory...).

1 Like

Some chat here about it Philips Hue Tap Dial button - potential music (Sonos) controller?

1 Like

I did see that thread.... thought I would create a more generic one... But any option to control my Sonos speaker would also be welcome.

1 Like

My 2nd one is still in its box awaiting somebody way smarter than me to create a driver :slight_smile: I've had another in my hall for a while now though, with the buttons set to control porch/hall/landing lights, works great

I'll admit I took the easy option and configured mine in the Hue App, but intend to look into the Community drivers / apps sometime soon, so happy to report my experience with them as I test them...

2 Likes

Did you ever try pairing the Hue Dial directly with your hub? Curious how smoothly that goes, and which driver gives the most reliable functionality.

See this topic for info, there is a native driver but not working 100% from what I can see

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.