Had an interesting problem tonight installing a motor in one of my blinds. There was not enough room between the blind rod and the corner of the chager/button unit. Just would not fit.
Luckily, my blinds have an opening on the bottom and front of the blinds in that location, so I rotated the charge/button unit on its side so the button and USB port point out the front of the blinds, rather than down. In some ways better, as the blinds don't get too close or even touch the button as they do on one of my blinds, but also going to make charging the unit a little more complicated. I'll have to remove the wooden valence that's on the front of the blinds as the USB cable will be sticking straigt out from the front of the blinds.
My other blinds didn't have this issue. I might even end up liking this arrangement more than the nomal one.

