[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver

I didn't know you had one! Doesn't really matter I guess, since I assume they both do the associations exactly the same way.

They do! Was just making sure the other one wasn't broken. :slight_smile:

Glad you got your associations going though!

So am I! I was so disappointed that Z-Wave Tweaker doesn't work, since it did associations for all my switches and dimmers; even my old Linear switches. But I have everything working now, so all good.

@JasonJoel - I've been using your Enbrighten drivers w/the new Honewell Z-Wave Plus switches and dimmers I have.

I have a Honeywell dimmer that I want to use to control some non-dimmable lights. I just happen to only have dimmers in my current equipment stock. Can I use this switch driver w/the dimmer to disable the dimmer's dimming features, or is that a bad idea? If so is there a better idea? :wink:

Thanks.

I would use the dimmer driver, but use the "switch mode" preference on it. I think that should work for what you want.

Otherwise, I do think the switch driver would work OK too.

Crap, don't know how I missed that setting in the dimmer settings. Embarrassed to say that I actually looked at the settings before I asked here. [eek!]

Thanks - that looks like the right approach! :slight_smile:

• 2.3.0 (02/13/2021) - Added Alternate Exclusion mode to preferences.

Turning this ON will change the button press sequence for excluding. HOWEVER, it also seems to make status reports from these devices come in almost immediately (instead of having 1-3s delay).

I would recommend turning this ON - but the driver will not do that by default/automatically, as I don't think it is right to change people's pairing/exclusion steps automatically.

Thanks @velvetfoot for tipping me off to this 'quirk'.

5 Likes

Do the 26931/26933 Smart Motion Switch/Dimmer have this same quirk?

Nope. Just the new central scene based dimmers/switches (the newest ones w/S2 security support).

1 Like

Bug or bonus they are now working as fast as my Inovelli's thanks for this. My basement lights come on instantly now when I turn on the stairs.

3 Likes

Thank @velvetfoot . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! - sweet.

Resolves the issue I had in my other thread! Thanks!!

How do we make the buttons useable?
Do we need to create a separate button device?

No need to make new devices.

You would use button events from the device in RM, button controller, (or any other app} that supports button presses.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance regarding drivers, but is this possible?:

In one of the device pages for a Zooz switch, I have the option to either use the paddle normally, reverse it, or set so pressing either side toggles the current state on or off.

Is that possible to add to this driver, or is it dependent on the device's firmware?

You can invert the toggle (swap up/down), but there is no mode to make either side toggle like there is on Zooz devices.

1 Like

@JasonJoel , do you think you might be able to have a look if you may be able to create drivers for the Zigbee 43080 (dimmer) and 43076 (switch) too? It will be super great to be able to turn off LED, and get double tap capability!

Sorry, I don't typically write zigbee drivers.

I've made a few, but non-standard things like LED control or double tap are often done in what are called manufacturer specific clusters on zigbee devices. It is too much of a pain trying to sniff it out, figure out the payload, and add it to a driver (semi-trial and error).

That's why I stick to z-wave, all capabilities are well defined, and predictable. No manufacturer clusters.

3 Likes

How hard would it be to add the flash feature for this switch? Like the generic z-wave switch.