GE enbrighten switch

All of a sudden I'm having trouble with this GE switch. Will turn on and off with the app ( I have to double tap to stay off) but not from the switch.

Help.

If it won’t work correctly from the switch, it’s probably defective. You could look at the switch’s device page and disable any apps that are using it, that should rule out any outside control unless you have a wayward z-wave association set up. GE does have a pretty good warranty if you still have the purchase receipt.

Ok, when I use the switch it turns on but when I turn it off it turns off then 30sec turns back on.
On the app or device page I have to hit the off button twice. I must have the device settings set wrong.

Is it an older GE switch? IIRC, the older GE models tend to have a high failure rate down the road... If that applies, I think other users have had good luck getting no-hassle replacements from GE/Jasco.

2 Likes

Can any GE switch be used as a button controller? I'm asking because the driver being used by @junk7001 seems to indicate the switch can be used as a button controller.

Fair question - I have no clue; I'm not a GE switch user myself.

I believe @danabw uses them though - perhaps he has some ideas?

2 Likes

Double tap (and triple tap on newer ones). I use the botched drivers with all of mine and use double tap to control other lights.

1 Like

@junk7001

Make sure you don't have any button automations that are interfering with manual control of the switch. Because your description (pasted below) sure makes it sound like that is happening!

2 Likes

Yes, if they are supported by @JasonJoel's cool drivers, which I believe mostly means the newer Z-Wave Plus devices. They end up w/up to three taps up (on) (single, double, triple-tap) for three different button actions, and same for down/off.

3 Likes

these can

Even the oem driver does 2 "buttons".

Have you tried power cycling to the switch by flipping the breaker?

How about excluding the device and then including it again. Any rules will be affected.

Maybe before including it again, reset the device to factory specs.

That's baby stuff, bunch o' buttons or go home. :wink:

2 Likes

I've got a houseful of GE Enbrighten switches, and maybe 3 of the dimmers.
All using a specially modified, by the man himself, @JasonJoel driver.

It allows me to turn on the toggle LED programmatically. Typically, a triple tap up disables a motion sensor and lights up the LED, while triple tap down restores motion. I also use toggle LED to indicate a gate status, and to turn one on at night as a night light. 3 bathroom door contacts act as motion lockouts when closed and will also light an LED on a switch.