[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

Hehehe! - Why not?

Ok... how about a countdown timer?
Either 'stand alone' or...
Superimposed on top of an existing tile?

This is just a 5 second timer to show how it works

On the left is a stand alone countdown tile.
On the right, a tile I created to show my current mode (active in this case) with the countdown (once activated) superimposed on the top

newtile

Any number of seconds (configurable)
Once the timer gets to 0 it goes back to the previous display

You will be able to trigger the timer from a device (like a contact or a switch) and also HSM or a mode change

I'm quite proud of this one..took a while to work out... going through beta now.. released soon.

Andy

3 Likes

I think I'm gonna use this as my slogan :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can have that on me with pleasure!

2 Likes

@Geoff_T Geoff, I just started another thread to show off your tiles.
How about showing us what you have done?

Andy

1 Like

Looking forward to using this one by the door (on a tablet), when the mode changes, and HSM is disarmed. Allows people to know whether they need to reach for the secret button, before the alarm goes off :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Guys,
I have uploaded a virtual device container for use with this
My thanks to @stephack for being able to use his virtual container code

Driver is with the other one on GitHub
Just create a new virtual device and assign this driver
Then you can create as many display devices as you need and keep them all together.

Andy

3 Likes

Ok, that explains the issue i was having last night, I just checked and I see the data now. One of the examples had what looked like icons for on/off instead of words, how was that accomplished?

Thanks

1 Like

I take that back, the examples above had a mix of Super Tiles and normal tiles so I saw one of the normal tiles and thought it was possible to get icons.

This is really going to help clean up my Dashboard once I get this figured out, Andy, thanks for the great app!

1 Like

Teaser....

Icons coming soon... :slight_smile:

(Probably after the countdown child)

2 Likes

That's great, icons will really make it stand out! One of the add-ins looked like it might count and display the number of open contacts its monitoring, is that the case? I'd love to be able to see at a glance
Doors 0/7 Windows 2/19 or something like that, Iris had that for Door contacts and it came in handy when going to turn on the AC. Thanks!

1 Like

I was originally testing just 'open contacts' and displaying the names..
You have given me an idea to also display numbers

It will be a while before I get to this but it's a good idea

Andy

I assumed that is why you changed the licensing terms. :wink:

Actually, this came from a joke I had with @bravenel about any time I released an app, they released the same sort of thing as a built-in app
I just complained that they were copying me :slight_smile:

No, the reason for the change of licensing terms is that I just get cheesed off when some people release 'new' versions of my apps under their own name claiming that they wrote it all
Or release 'new' apps containing 80% of one of my apps.
I'm happy to help anyone with their code if I can, but I spend a LOT of time working out code and releasing what I think are quite useful apps, so I like to get the credit for the code :slight_smile:

All my future apps will be released under this license which gives me a legal challenge, should I wish to pursue it.

Andy

4 Likes

I was just being cheeky. :slight_smile:

I definitely understand your reasoning for changing it. I won't act like I don't re-use other's code (although never 80%. lol), but I try to be very diligent in citing source and giving credit.

To be honest, I usually let the original author at least know (but usually ask permission)
I think it's only common courtesy to do so.

2 Likes

Curious question, why APIXU 's attribute mytile could be displayed right away, but other attributes (including other devices) need to be changed first to display. Any logical difference for the initialization?

Also, is it possible to support tile background color change based on the attributes' value?

I am not consistent in how I approach this. It depends on how much code I am using.

If it is just a few lines, I probably won't contact them (but will give credit), if it is core functionality I usually try to contact the original author.

1 Like

I didn't write the Apixu driver but I suspect it's because the author uses the 'isStateChange: true' statement on that attribute but doesn't on others
This means that the 'mytile' will update when refreshed but other attributes will not update until something changes.

Currently no.
HE does not expose that setting as something we can programatically change.

You will have chageable icons soon.. :slight_smile:

With Super Tile, you don't need to rely on a mixture of attributes from a 'mytile'
You can mix and match different attributes in any order you wish

Andy

1 Like

You know... I really wish you could make columns that are spaced evenly. (Maybe you can, and I just don't know how).

I like the layout:
Column 1 - names
Column 2 - value
Column 3 - units

More like:
Capture

But I'm an engineer, and we are weird on layouts. Free form text that doesn't line up / is center justified bugs me. lol

EDIT: Andy mentioned elsewhere you could do that w/HTML formatting. Anyone have an example of that?

1 Like