[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

I'm having the same problem. Can't authenticate w/ the correct ID/PW. Hub security is turned off in HPM. I'm also having trouble finding the MyQ Lite app in my apps. It's not listed. I've installed/uninstalled x2 and still can't log in or find the app in my apps.

HPM's default setting is the hub security as false.
That didnt help with this.

Yes, same problem here too
I think that is because, part of the installation workflow requires us to login. If the login fails, the app doesnt get added to the main list.
You can always go to it by click on "add user app" and then picking myq lite app. It will take you back to the login. I am still failing the login portion

2 Likes

I am failing login also. Any ideas on how to fix. Thanks

1 Like

I'm getting invalid username and password as well when trying to setup for the first time. Looking at the log, it's coming up with this error:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

Any ideas what's going on?

Please check your MyQ app source code around line 1035 and post it.

Old Module: "User-Agent": "null"
Updated Module: "User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0"

If it's the Old Module version, install the updated version

If it's the Updated module version try changing the following:
around lines 1035 and 1068 change

"User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0"

to

"User-Agent": "null"

That's found in the following routine that is not referenced by the app and ls likely used with a child device driver

def getSelectedDevices( settingsName ) {
	def selectedDevices = []
	(!settings.get(settingsName))?:((settings.get(settingsName)?.getAt(0)?.size() > 1)  ? settings.get(settingsName)?.each { selectedDevices.add(it) } : selectedDevices.add(settings.get(settingsName)))
	return selectedDevices
}

I'm too having the same login credentials issue like some of the people posted previously. Any idea if we have a fix yet? TIA.

Same here no joy. tried changing app code per above but same issue with logging in/ wrong PW...

I'm not sure what that means....Do I need to remove a device driver?

1. Go to the main hubtat page http://your ip address here

2. Click Apps Code on left menu (may need to scroll a bit)

3. Scroll down to MyQ Lite then click on the link

4. Scroll down to (or around) line 1035. What's in the "User-Agent" parameter

OK. So my User-Agent was "User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0"

I changed it to "null" as suggested in both places, re-ran the app, entered my credentials and got the same error about invalid username/password.

Checking the log, the only thing that came up was the "Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object" again.

The login issue is happening on other platforms and seems to be intentional. Scroll down for the bad news.

It may be time to setup the local MyQ Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. I just switched out my openers this week to MyQ. I used to use a Zen16 relay to control my old openers and took it out as it won't work with the newer Security+ 2.0 openers. Will need to grab some simple Security+ push buttons like the 883LMW and wire up the Zen16 to them. Should work.

There is a Python logon fix posted at the github link below, but it's beyond my understanding. Anyone here able to translate this into the HE MyQ app?
Scroll down to the post by "drysart" for the code fix

I contacted the Home Assistant developer and was told his most recent fix was just broken by MyQ.

MyQ/Chamberlain seems obsessed with removing all non sanctioned aka non paying apps from their system.

Time for me to get this local.

1 Like

I wish I had more to offer here but wanted to give some major props for keeping this running as long as it has been. Super impressive. Dealing with MyQ is a never-ending battle, but there just aren't many other great alternatives.

2 Likes

Knock on wood mine is still working. No errors never worked any better than it has in the past months. :crossed_fingers:
My biggest complaint about locally run is the notifications of the door closing before it closes is a royal pain. I'm set up locally when this does break and I do have a notification that's somewhat works, but that's my biggest complaint.

1 Like

Typically this is easy to fix by changing the panel that the tilt sensor (or contact sensor) of attached to.

Hard to know whether that’ll work for your installation without photos,

1 Like

Thanks. If you look how the garage door works with my q. It flashes and beeps before the door actually starts moving. The sensor to detects the door open and closed fine. However with the external button push the door starts moving right away. I use an alarm device and flasher application that allows me to flash the lights in the garage and sound to the alarm it works okay. Not as well as the garage door itself.

Garage door local options

2 Likes