[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Why can't you disable the original app, if for nothing more than to just test? I always forget that disable is there for apps.

2020-11-21 17.07.45 192.168.0.115 0219bb625631

2020-11-21 17.07.03 192.168.0.115 75b64bc62506

5 Likes

Btw, for what it's worth, I also found out you can't access your devices by using the co-owner feature with a dotted email account (like you can with alarm.com and others). You have to be the original device owner for the integration to work.

1 Like

Honestly - I have never had to use that so I didn't know that was a feature! Thanks!

To be safe, you might want to disable the no sensor installed app while playing.

Edit. Just read @neonturbo reply. What he said. Lol.

2 Likes

Thank you it worked.

• Setup and mounted the Samsung multisensor V5 device on garage door (yesterday)
  • Disabled the existing MyQ app and non-sensor door driver.
  • Did a fresh MyQ app install for a sensor based driver version, app created another door device
  • Tested app, updated dashboards, and RM TTS
  • Manually removed non-sensor door device, followed by the disabled MyQ app
    Tag: @steve.maddigan
2 Likes

Cool. Glad you are switched over successfully. Thanks for the update.

Side note: the driver also supports a sensor setup as a normal open/close contact

1 Like

I have the multipsensor sensor set in Garage Door Mode, Tilt sensor. When it's was set as a contact I did not notice the multisensor device's acceleration status field update to "active" or "inactive".

On the dashboard I would like eliminating the "are you sure" confirmation message, but template "Garage" does not inititate open or close. Meanwhile, this is 100% better than the no sensor setup.

1 Like

Switch your template to Garage (Control) and that should get it working for you.

And I do get inactive/active notification from my sensor.

It's set as "Garage (Control)" which gives the "are you sure" message. "Garage' shows the door status icon, but does not initiate the open or close.

I went with the tilt sensor because there was no easy way to mount it as a contact.

I have never tried it, but "switch" template might work? I don't want to run my door right now, but it looks like a normal switch with no "?" error when I select it.

Can you control the door from the device page?

Did you switch the driver type to the correct myq version?

Sensor based Door shows status, opens, and closes from the Dashboard using the Garage (Control) template. Using RM door status speaks on my tablets.

1 Like

What did you have to change to get you dashboard tile working?

I don't understand, it worked immediately after I installed the sensor-based interface.

ok, i guess i just misunderstood. i thought you were still having issues with your dashboard tile.

All good. glad it's working.

Perhaps I needed to be clearer.

Everything works on the Dashboard using the "Garage (Control)" using the with sensor version driver and a Samsung multisensor in garage (Tilt) mode.

However, when the garage door Dashboard tile is tapped, it produces an unwanted (for me) message "Are You Sure?" prior to performing the requested open or close.

I found a suggestion to use the "Garage" template, but that creates (for me) a display only tile with the status of the door, but does not actuate the door.

So the question is.....Is it possible to eliminate the "Are you sure?" question and response.

Update: the "Switch" template suggested in posts 13 - 15 or so, does not do anything

Now I get what you are saying.

The lock and garage (control) templates have this safety feature built in and there is no way to turn it off.

I have not used this driver myself but @csteele has written a bunch of stuff and he’s good at it. Might be worth giving it a try.

I'm done with messing with the now fully functional garage door.

Putting a spare Iris V3 keypad into the garage, so I can add the garage door to HSM and my Nyckelharpa app, then use it with a delay on Away status, and instant alarm in Home and Night status.

1 Like

Observation: When the Amazon delivery person uses whatever version of Key by Amazon that drivers use, the garage door closes without all the flashing lights and beeps. That tells me that somewhere in MyQ's API is a way to initiate a "remote" close without that mess. I'm guessing Amazon insisted on that and made the case that the open/close only works for the driver when they are physically at the delivery address, and therefore it is not needed.

I don't suppose this is documented so that it could be done my this app, is it? [Yes, I know why it makes such a fuss; I just don't want it to because it is silly in my use case.]

Thats interesting. Makes me wonder what other little special features are in there. Was unlikely I'd give Amazon drivers access to anything on my property beyond the privilege of driving up my driveway, anyway....but this just reinforces it! :slight_smile: