[UPDATED] - Average All (Temperature, Humidity, Illuminance, Ambient Pressure & Motion)

Hey @Cobra. Iā€™m loving the apps but just wondered how I would get a virtual device to do a refresh? I see there is no button in the device that can be pushed so it pulls the latest sensor stats. Reason Iā€™m looking for this is I have created an illuminance device that has 2 real devices feed light levels in. Iā€™m seeing the real devices update their values but not the virtual device (happening around 30% of the time roughly). I do have a restriction in place but it wouldnā€™t account for the lack of update due to time lapse between device update and virtual device update. So the way Iā€™m using an illuminance sensor is:
Always report lux changes from 2 Hue Motion sensors to the virtual sensor immediately.
Restriction in place is when the room light bulb is on, pause the app and stop collecting lux values.
I have a rule in place that when the room light bulb goes off perform a refresh of the hue devices. I had to implement this as sometimes the hue devices would report lux at the rate when the bulb was on for up to 5 minutes after the bulb went off. This way the device should get an updated lux measurement

@Townsmcp
James,
Iā€™ve been looking at this and canā€™t reproduce your problems.
If you turn on logging for both the virtual device and the app does it show anything?

One thing I have for the next driver release is a new attribute: ā€˜LastEventā€™
This will be the last time and event was sent from the app and received by the virtual device.
This (along with the logs) should help with troubleshooting your issue.

Andy

I have ā€œEnable debut loggingā€ turned on in the app automation - should this log be accessible with the cog at the top of the page?

Cobra,

I installed this for the first time today. It's not working.

I had previously installed Cobra apps v.1.5, and then done nothing with it. I installed Average All today, and couldnt find it, but then realised it was in Cobra Apps. I updated Cobra Apps to latest version.

Installed Average all as an app. Created an App (temp). I've created the virtual device, and attempted to create the app, but when I select done from the restrictions page, it takes be back to the main Cobra app page. When I select done from the main Cobra apps page, it takes me back to the restrictions page. This loop continues infiniteum. I've backed out and selected done a few times from the main Cobra apps page, but nada. The virtual temp device is not updating. I've saved preferences.

I removed the app (from within Cobra apps), and reinstalled app. Just to make sure that the latest version of Cobra apps was present upon installation.

It's still doing the loop, but the app is now updating in the Device, so that's something.

Sorry guys
Iā€™m on holiday
Iā€™ll look at any issues next week when I return

Andy

Trying to install the Cobra apps but I get this error:
Metadata Error: Parent App 'Cobra:Average All' not found on line 70

Same error for installing both apps

I tried to install both the Parent and child apps.

Have you installed the container app?

You can find help and info at Hubitat.uk too.

Where do I get the container?

Thank you I now have the container and the Average ALL (Parent & Child ) installed. Now to figure it all out :))

Cobra, I'm still having the issue from 10 days ago. Thoughts?

Iā€™m sorry @mike, I thought I had replied to this.

Have a look here:
[Updated] - Cobra Apps Container
And look at the reply from Bruce a couple of posts later.
This seems to be a platform issue that I canā€™t do anything about.

Andy

Hey @Cobra I am still having this issue with @iharyadi's environmental sensor and trying to average humidity:

dev:4182019-03-06 08:28:22.698 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_Cobra_Average_All_Device_577.lastDeviceHumidity() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Kitchen Enviroment] Possible solutions: LastDeviceHumidity(java.lang.Object) (lastDeviceHumidity)

dev:4182019-03-06 08:28:22.306 am debugDevice Version: 1.5.0) - Setting humidity for Upstairs Temperature and Humidity from external input (null), Humidity = 43.63.

I am on the latest driver/app combo from you (though, not in your container if that matters)

Any suggestions?

Have a look around line 135 of the driver.
There is a capital L for LastDeviceHumidity

If you change it to a lowercase L (lastDeviceHumidity) then it should work ok.

I'll release a fixed version when I get the chance

Andy

Fixed'er right up, thanks sir! I thought I had looked through there but clearly not.

Thank you!

1 Like

This has been very unreliable for me in the last days. Might report temperature like every 15min for an hour, then suddenly stop for days. Not good when im using it to control my panel ovens :frowning:

If I have 4 child apps, do I need one device for each of them?

You need a virtual average all device for each child app

Now I have 4 child apps, but only one device. It has been working great, but suddenly just stops.

Can I then just create 4 devices? Do they have to be named correctly? Because there are no settings for the device to assign it to the child app or vice verca?