[UPDATED] - Average All (Temperature, Humidity, Illuminance, Ambient Pressure & Motion)

I'm surprised it ever worked! :slight_smile:
You can just create 4 separate virtual devices using the Average All device driver
You can name them whatever you like

Then, in each child app you need to select a unique device for each of the 4 child apps
(Under 'Virtual Device)

Like this one I use for my conservatory

Andy

I see, but I think I have been using it in another way than it might be supposed to.
On the virtual device, I have selected a virtual thermostat :smiley:

You can use a thermostat for the virtual, however; it was designed to use the correct Average All driver
But using 4 children and outputting to a single thermostat really wont work correctly.

Exactly what are you trying to do?

Andy

No im using 4 children, each have their own virtual thermostat, and their own temperature sensor.

I am using average all to get temperature into the virual thermostat. I am controlling 4 panel ovens with this solution, where I have the virtual thermostat on my dashboard. I then have a rule controlling a socket outlet whether the rule is true or false. Depending on temperature being higher or lower than the heating setpoint.

Average all doesn't do anything with thermostats other than set the temperature.
This sounds like it should work, I know someone else is using a virtual thermostat as the output

Can you please let me know which versions of the parent/child you are using?

Are there any errors in the logs?
Can you please screenshot the configuration of one of the child apps?

Yep Ill post something later when I am back from work. Yesterday I updated both the child app driver and the device driver. 3 of the child apps is showing some errors in the log, even though they are working now.

1 Like

Alright, I have some pictures here:

Here you can see that there is no update for temperature for several hours:

But the sensor is updating:

If I click on one of the child apps, and then re-save them, I will get this is my log:

The one called "Temperatur bod garasje" will also show this:

And when it updates temperature, also this:

The other 3 just updates the temperatur (most of the time), but the one called "temperatur bod garasje" has a lot of additional information also in the log.

I can add to this, that all my devices stopped reporting about 9.30 this friday. Exactly the same time as last week when things stopped working.

To get things up and running, I need to enter each child device, and re-save them.

@Cobra
Hi Andy,
I rebooted my hub today and my Average All apps that I use for lux appeared to freeze.
I went into each child app and saved them and everything is OK again.
I have had this a couple of times now.
No logs I'm afraid as like you I'm in the UK and I needed to get them working for the WAF. :wink:

EDIT: Just noticed I was not running latest driver code. Was running 1.4.0 not 1.5.0.
Both parent and child apps at latest release.

1 Like

Bob
Try the updated driver.
I had a similar issue which I think I’ve fixed with the latest driver.

Andy

2 Likes

i 've had the same issue lately

@Cobra
Hi Andy.
Just looking in the logs today and I noticed this.
Looks like it's coming from the average all app.
Trouble is i cannot see anywhere to set the date.
Any thoughts.
BTW. I'm using the latest code.

It’s not coming from an app.. according to that log it’s a device
If you click on the ‘warn’ it will take you to the reporting device where you can set the date format :slight_smile:

Andy

DOH!!!!

1 Like

Sorted?

Haven't looked at logs yet but the virtual devices have an option to set the date format which I hadn't set.
Don't remember seeing this before but then again I haven't looked at the logs or the virtual device in a while.
Just as an aside as it's empty I'm assuming it does not have a default option for this field so by default it would be empty.

Yes,
In the next version, I'll put a default.
It's a minor thing just showing last date/time data was received and from what device.
Only really any good for troubleshooting and keeping an eye on which devices are reporting to the app.

Andy

1 Like

I am trying add this app to my hub but having issues. I pulled the latest code from github and tried to add the parent app by pasting the raw code and I get the following error when I click save:

Metadata Error: Parent App 'Cobra:Cobra Apps' not found on line 56

I tried to do the same for the child app and I got:

Metadata Error: Parent App 'Cobra:Average All' not found on line 70

What am I missing/doing wrong? I was able to add the driver just fine.

Thanks!

You need to install the ‘cobra apps’ container first.
Then it will let you add the code for other apps.

Http://hubitat.uk

If you don’t wish to use the container then you can comment out (by putting // in front of it) line 56 in the parent code

Andy

1 Like

Thanks, I added the container and it's working! I setup some basic child apps for now that report temp of a single temp sensor to a virtual thermostat. For control I pass the devices into Apple Homekit. Prior to your app, the virtual thermostats always read 68F but now they read the correct temperature.

1 Like