[UPDATED] - Average All (Temperature, Humidity, Illuminance, Ambient Pressure & Motion)

I setup several Virtual Thermostats to get the temp of physical sensors and I noticed that all of the Average All child apps are giving me this error. What does this mean?

You are not using the correct Average All Virtual Device - This may cause errors and the app may not work correctly!

There is an ‘avarage all’ virtual device driver which is recommended (and was written for this app) but you can use a virtual thermostat if you wish.
I just don’t guarantee that it will work as well.

You can safely ignore this message if you wish

Andy

could you give me a steer on the settings for switch
if any of there are on = virtual switch off
if all are off = virtual switch off

Hi Mark
ok..
1st.. Thank you for showing me that there is a bug in the UI :slight_smile:
The 'Max Decimal Places' should not be shown when using switches or contacts.

2nd..
If Any switch is on, then the virtual device should show ON
It should only show off when they are ALL off

New version with the UI fix will be uploaded soon :slight_smile:

Andy

what about the seperater setting? i didnt know which to select?

It doesn't really matter, this is just for the list of active switches on the virtual device page
in case you want to display it on a dashboard

Ok.. I just noticed a problem with the version I'm running here..
It may not switch correctly.. give me a few mins

i cant see, the on/off state on the drives states as well

edit, scrub that i haddnt toggles and connected switches yet, my fault

Ok.. child updated to V3.2.0

Bugfixed the UI. Fixed errors with switching. Added 'None' as a selection for list separator

You just need to update the child code - all others stay the same

Please let me know how you get on with this

Andy

k, just got back into work :frowning_face: so it will be an hour or so

1 Like

No probs.. whenever you are ready

Looks ok, thanks

only thing, not sure what this means but even when switch is on the "switchList" alsways says ALL OFF

events

That’s because you have the separator set to none and it’s no longer updating
If you set it to something else like ‘comma’ and toggle a switch then you will see it update.

If it had been set originally to none and a new device created then it should not appear

I registered for your website yesterday. Was hoping I might get approval soon. The average all app will fill the last piece of the puzzle for me to switch over to Hubitat completely.

Not sure what happened to your registration.
Please register again and I’ll authorise the account for you

Andy

Hi thanks for making this app I just registered for your website and can't wait for you to approve so I can try this app out (I'm hoping it will be the missing piece I need to help keep my house a comfortable temperate)

@Cobra - is this still up and running? Went to your web site at the link in the OP and there is no way to register - only to log in, and the Forgot Password link does nothing.

If you’ve already registered, put your username in, then hit forgot password. A new one will be sent to you.

Thanks, @Royski. I was able to register just now, awaiting approval. :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like