Update ZEN32 LED colors

On 9/2023 ZooZ upgraded firmware to support additional colors. Can we please update built in drivers to support these additional color names?

From ZEN32 Scene Controller Change Log - Zooz Support Center

• Added new colors for the LED indicators in parameters 6-10 - magenta, yellow, and cyan. See all settings here.

IMO This driver is better anyway, and supports all the new features. I have assisted with some of the recent updates on this one.

I also have a forked version of it with my own customizations: Hubitat-RMoRobert/drivers/zooz/zooz-zen32-scene-ctlr.groovy at master · jtp10181/Hubitat-RMoRobert · GitHub

Honestly I would rather HE staff focus on other more important things than drivers for Zooz devices which need constant maintenance due to the pace they push out updates and devices.

2 Likes

Thanks. Had run across this back in '21 or '22 and the extra button press material wasn't originally something I needed. And for maintenance simplicity's standpoint have been trying to use packages over manual versions to avoid tracking bugfixes by hand. Otherwise, I'm editing code to include the URL of the manual code in comments and trying to remember to keep up on them. One could argue if it ain't broken for you, don't fix it, but...

I generally agree that trivial changes for drivers are unnecessary and I'd much prefer they do more important work too... but if internal drivers aren't something others can update and provide suggested patches, only the Hubitat team can do it and therefor signed up for it... Platforms that rapidly fall out of date with the world make for a bad introduction for new users and greatly increase time to find the right add on to maintain base supportability.

Awesome -- appreciate your and @bertabcd1234's work - didn't see that in any of your Package Manager bundles. I'll manually install this for the couple of fixes and my looked-for enhancement.

Yeah I may eventually make my own full blown driver for it with all my typical stuff, but since it was just a forked repo it is not in my HPM as of now. @bertabcd1234 tends to not put ALL of the drivers in HPM but the ZEN32 could be a good one to add since I assume it is very popular!