Unknown Z-wave devices

one sec i'll find the driver link for you.

2 Likes

or check here..

...\ZWavePCController_v5_39\Bin\ZW050x_USB_VCP_PC_Driver

Your link got butchered.

Thanks, ran the install, and got this:

Re-inserting UZB stick and the restarting PC Control.

2 Likes

It's actually the PC Controller sw directory I think the driver is in there as well.

edit: shamelessly taken from here...

Gotcha and yea it's available in the bin folder.

I'm rebooting, nothing is working even w/the driver installed... back in a bit.

Rebooting didn't help, unfortunately. From past experience at this point the next step would be to throw the computer at a wall...but that only works for work laptops, and this one is mine. :wink:

@erktrek got me up and running...huge kudos for him.

I still have to pair the UZB stick to my hub, but the stick is communicating w/PC Controller.

It looks like the problem might have been using a different driver than the one in the PC Control BIN folder...after removing all drivers and SW and rebooting, and starting over w/the default PC Control BIN driver (which was selected automatically) it 'just worked.'

Thanks for all the assistance.

2 Likes

If you can get the stick close to the hub it will help. Especially with pairing. It transfers a bunch of data.

Did get it paired... it paired asa generic Zwave dimmer. That normal? What should I change it to...

Mine paired as "device"

OK, I'll change it to that.

Looks like below...PC Controller is the stick, and the Portable Remote Controller is a Minimote button device I have paired w/HE.

I got my UZB7 paired to the hub. What are the virtual nodes 2-5? I don't see them in my zwave details page. Other than these, all the other devices are matching with hubitat

Virtual devices 2 through 5 are used by the hub. Don't mess with them, and most importantly don't delete them.

2 Likes

Thanks. That means I don't have any ghost nodes. Yay!

1 Like

If you had them AFAIK you would have seen them in the Hub's Z-Wave Details page. The UZB stick just let's you remove them if you needed/wanted to.

It is nice to have a clean slate. I removed my "defanged" ghost w/my UZB just so things would look pretty. :wink: After installing .142 the ghost no longer messed up my network, but its entry in my device list bothered me so I zapped it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wanted to be double sure :smiley:

Summary

And wanted to mess with a new toy

1 Like

How can you not play?!?!? :wink:

Exactly. Too many toys, too little time

So I should wait for 2.2.4 to be released before upgrading, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like