Unable to get 3rd party services to connect to Hubitat (GH, IFTTT, Alexa)

my HE logs show no activity from GH at all.

Is there a way to make sure the IP address that I have reserved is what was registered to the hub?

Or can I re-register the hub to the IP address I have reserved to maybe fix the connection to HE and GH.

You might need to look at the past logs.

Yes. You can go to https://portal.hubitat.com and log in with your Google account. Once the page comes up, you should see your hub and click on the (i) icon in the top right and it should tell you what IP address, firmware version, mac address, etc.

I have never been able to get GH or IFTTT to connect to HE. Even from installation of HE. That is why I was under the assumption that it had to be with original IP address that was registered with the HE.

OHHH!!! Ok. Sorry about that. I thought you had it connected previously.

Ok, did you verify your hub on portal?

No problem, I should've told you that. I'm sorry. Hate to sound stupid, but when you say "verify hub on portal" what do you mean? I have verified the IP address the google accounts. When I log into portal.hubitat.com using my google account it shows my hub and that it's active.

No worries! Ok, so when you are in the GH app (on your phone) and you go to the Hubitat skill linking, does it show you a home hub selection where you can select it and then select devices?

@bobbyD saved the day. I apparently made an error when registering the hub and the cloud registration had timed out during initial setup.

Leave it to me to make a mess of things. Everything has linked properly and is working. I did do as you suggested @corerootedxb and added a device at a time. So far so good! Thank you everyone for your help with this.

Yall are da best! :smiley:

2 Likes

Woot! That's awesome. Glad you are up and running. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was having problems with Google Home telling me hubitat was unavailable even though it should have been. I removed the Hubitat app for Google Home and removed the link to hubitat in my Google Home. Now when I try to add HE in my Google Home app it tells me that it is unable to link. From what I have read it may have something to do with my cloud registration of HE. @bobbyD or anyone else able to help me out?

A few tips:

1. Make sure your hub is connected to the cloud, if not, reboot from "Settings" to see if it reconnects.
  2. When prompted to link the service, make sure you use the email address that your hub is registered under. To check which email address your hub was registered, go to http://yourHubIP/hub/register *
    *replace "yourHubIP" with actual IP address assigned to your hub.
  3. Make sure you use the same email format the hub was registered with - the email field is case sensitive.
  4. If you already have Google Home app installed on your Hubitat Elevation hub, please remove it and also unlink Hubitat service in the Googe Home app before attempting to link again. The Google Home app will be installed automatically.
  5. In order to link Google Home, you must have at least one supported device connected to your Hubitat Elevation hub. See this document for more details: Google Home
  6. If your problem persists, please check your Logs, to see if there are any errors when attempting to link. See this document for more details: How to collect details to open a support case
  7. If you continue to have problems, please send an email to support@hubitat.com

It says I need to migrate my account. But I've already done that so when I try it gives me an error saying invalid email. I tried to use the link on the old code that I got in my email but that didn't work. I sent an email to support but it sounds like it's going to be a while before they get back to me :frowning:

Hey John, I checked your account and it does look like you have migrated already. You've mentioned in your ticket that you attached a picture, but it didn't come through, do you mind sending it again or uploading it here?

Sorry forgot to attach

Still have not got this to work :sob: my Hub seems to be registered but Google Home will not connect.

@bobbyD not sure if you are getting my emails or pms I keep getting emails saying that the server is down and my messages are not going through.

So im having a similar issue.. When I try to connect to google home I search for hubitat, as soon as I click it I get "couldnt update the setting. Check your connection" I THINK i may have screwed up the first time I tried this and used a google account, NOT the hubitat one, so perhaps its caching that somewhere (no idea where it would be). There no activity in the log on hubitat.

I have the exact same issue as @johnday29 was anyone able to resolve this issue?

2 Likes

That worked thank you @chuck.schwer

Thank you for this find. That fixed the issue for me as well. didn't know they kept it linked in the back.