Unable to connect to Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (Z-wave)

Hi,
Hardware: Rev C-5 (Australia)
Software: hub-2.2.0.132
Smart device: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (ZW096-B09 - 921.42Mhz - Australia model)

I have 4 x Aeotec smart switch 6 and for some reason 2 are having issues:

• 1 x not able to connect to HE at all
  • 1 x able to connect momentarily and then disconnected from HE

on HE I've tried:

• shutdown HE; unplug all cables (including the Z-Wave USB stick), wait for 5 minutes and plug back in
  • changed the USB power adapter to 5v 3amp (instead of 5v 1amp)
  • Soft Reset and restore from backup
  • Repair z-wave more than 10 times
  • Move to different location (further away from WiFi router)
  • Try to bring Aeotec closer to HE (although as per this article, it is not required)

On Aeotec I've tried the following multiple times:

Every time I tried to create a connection (inclusion) to it (by pressing the button, Aeotec blinked green colour 10 seconds and long red followed with the rainbow colour ]again).

What do you think could be the resolution to this? could this be an issue with the Aeotec device itself? Is there a way to firmware update it?

Thanks in advance!

Can you check in zwave settings and make sure that secure pairing is set for locks and garage doors only. Let's eliminate that possibility right away.

Thanks for your reply

Yes, the zwave secure setting is for door and locks only.

I've tried to enable for all zwave devices and tried to connect securely from aeotec and still no go

yah you don't want it for everything. Just for locks and garage doors.
I'm beginning to think that it's the device itself. When you try to include it, does it log anything or try to initialize anything. And you're not having any other zwave issues?

No, it doesn't even goes to the initialize step. Nothing shows in the log too.

I originally thought this caused by the interference as I noticed the intermittent issue with the other aeotec smart switch gen 6 too, so I moved the he to a different spot but the issue remains.

What's the rule of thumb in terms of he position here? Close to wifi router (I ran 2.4 and 5Ghz) or not? As I saw mix messages in the forum, although according to HE article, it doesn't matter.

Furthermore, I also found the older aeotec smart switch gen 2 works fine even far away from he (switch located upstairs, while he is on the ground floor)

Are you able to pair the smart switch close to the hub?

I cannot, tried that more than 10 times already :pensive:

Sounds like an issue with the device then. Time to submit for a return.
:grin: