UltraPro zw3010 dimmer and zw4008 switch drivers

No problem it's just a 71 year old man (me).

2 Likes

Oops - he tried the tinfoil faraday cage and that didn't work.

That means theoretically that killing power won't work either. But killing power is more "for sure." So worth doing...

1 Like

Tomorrow. Time to hit the sack.
Nite guys.
I'll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Hey, we "mature" people matter too!! :wink: @aaiyar is about 124 or so, IRRC. :rofl: He still has a slide rule.

1 Like

This never worked for me :confused:

2 Likes

After doing that, it still talked to all the devices.

2 Likes

Same experience. One of my friends told me to try the fine metal mesh on my window screens, but i wasn’t upto sacrificing a screen.

3 Likes

Turned off every circuit in the house (hub and network are on battery backup).
Could not remove 0B, still pending.
Looks like the only way to get rid of it is a rebuild of the zwave database or some kind of record deletion routine (seems like that routine is already there, but records are locked) with a warning that you could cause destruction.
I have an OLD knowledge of random databases and know of pointers to "next/prior" records. Is it possible that the record, being the "base" record it has a problem being removed because the pointer is 0?

If it's giving you the option to remove regardless of the warning it's likely safe to do it.

What would be the reason for "pending" and when does pending end?

And does "pending" impede access to that record?

@bertabcd1234 Robert, any info on this question?

My thoughts about the base record are based on the fact that I was able to delete a record at 2F, then I tried to delete 0B. 0B went pending.
I then tried to delete 0C. It deleted ok.
Then I tried 0B again and it stayed pending.
You might prove my theory by putting a ghost in for the first record of a test zwave database and trying to delete it.

This says that the radio can still reach the device that corresponds to 0x0B. What other devices of the class "Power_Switch_Binary" do you have? It has to be one of them.

@rlithgow1

Given above, nothing should have been reachable. This is odd ...

Maybe, @sysrvd, kill circuits, shut down hub. Pull power, wait a minute or two, plug in to restart and see if you have different results trying to remove the device.

2 Likes

Sorry, I was on an hour phone call with someone trying to reconnect a Kyocera printer.
When I did what you suggested previously,
0B
Showed no routing,
Options were to remove or refresh.
Refresh did nothing.
Remove makes it pending.

I've been thinking...
It would be less work for me to reset the zwave radio and include all my zwave than the work I've put in for 3 days. Then I'd have a fresh zwave DB.
Actually, after I did that I could reload my backup. Anything wrong with that? Or does the zwave database get loaded with the restore.

I have 14 of the switch type.

Stole this from @thebearmay :wink:

Think of it this way, essentially the hub has 5 regions of β€œdata”
1. Firmware/OS
2. Application/Driver code
3. Local Storage
4. Zwave Radio Data
5. Zigbee Radio Data

A normal backup will cover regions 2 & 5, a Hub Protect backup will cover all regions but 3 (region 4 only on C5 and C7s) but zigbee devices will need to be re-paired to become active again. Region 1 is recoverable from the diagnostics page.

Zigbee devices would need to be paired with the new hub but they slide back into their old slots so all of the rules and apps that used them would not need to be changed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Edited below as it initially was confused \confusing...
So you could restore your backup (I assume a normal backup not a hub protect backup) after the radio reset, and then re-pair all of your Z-Wave devices. AFAIK. your restored apps\automations would need to be edited to use your "new" (to the hub) Z-Wave devices, initially you'd have a bunch of broken automations for any using Z-Wave.

1 Like

I feel your pain. :wink:

So, you're saying the zwave reset wipes out the zigbee database also?
Backup is local to a pc.