UltraPro Z-Wave Swith Frimware update (Takes LONG)

I have a combination of GE Enbrighten and UltraPro Z-wave switches. They do work well enough for me. No complaints. I had to update ZooZ temp/Humidity sensor that I had recently received and the firmware process was quick enough (maybe 15-20 at the most). I never did it before because it makes me nervous. Since that went so well, much better than I expected, I looked at other devices they need updating. I noticed that GE/Ultra toggle switch were not at the latest level (Dimmers were fine). I did one of the UltraPro's it took 6+ hours up complete uploading the file and it had been sitting at this

I'm not sure how long my guess would be for hours as well. I this to be expected.
Yes, I'm running S2 Protocol 3.
Your feedback is much welcome. Thanks!

FYI, If the device is paired with S2 AND the update files is a .gbl (binary), the firmware updater app will never work. It will get to the end and then error out every single time. It is a long standing bug in the app.

Check these other posts which have some tips in them as well:

3 Likes

@jtp10181 Thank you for this. Did get the firmware update. The process that seemed to work for me was the following:

1. Disable device
  2. Reboot hub
  3. Reboot device (this case turn off curit braeker and back on)
  4. use the device frimware updater app.
  5. Reboot Device again
  6. ran z-wave repair.

If I go back into the firmware update app. It is showing the new firmware. However in the Device Manger info it show
It was did show like this before I stated it this time. However, I don't know when it had changed to Null.
Any advice with this. Everyting does work as expected. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

The FW version in the data section at the bottom of the device page is done by the driver. Sometimes a configure will fetch and update the info. Or you can try my Z-Wave scanner ([RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner) and just use the "Refresh" button which should grab the FW version and save it to "firmwareVersion" in the device data.

1 Like

Thank you for this!
It kind of worked.

Strange... Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you again for your help.

No, the "firmwareVersion" is the typical place to save that value. Some other driver apparently tried to save it to "fw" but failed.

If you really want to get rid of it this app: [RELEASE] Custom Device Note App can be used to edit or remove the data values from a device.

1 Like

Thank you! I think I am good. Thank you So MUCH!!