Tuya vibration sensor

There are very few vibration/acceleration sensors that work with Hubitat. Yet, they have a variety of potential uses. I purchased a Tuya Zigbee vibration sensor identified as model TS0210. I was able to pair it with Hubitat, but I have not found a suitable driver. When paired, it suggested that the best driver was a Generic Zigbee motion sensor, but that didn't work.

I saw in another post a reference to a Konke driver, but I have not yet found it. Any ideas?

A number of people viewed this thread, but I did not get any responses. Fortunately, I was able to figure it out on my own.

Although the Konke motion sensor driver was not available through Hubitat Package Manager, I was able to track down the driver developed by Muxa on GitHub.

I migrated the device driver code into Hubitat and assigned that driver to my Tuya Vibration sensor. Although the motion sensor driver does not give me access to all of the data output by the vibration sensor, it does give me and indicator of motion whenever the sensor is moved, tilted, or dropped. It is now useful to indicate tampering with a lock box, jewelry box, etc.

The Konke driver does allow me to set the idle time before the sensor resets to inactive. While other drivers would sense motion, the device never reset, making it useless.

The battery reporting time can also be set.

Perhaps one day one of the community developers will make drivers specifically for the Tuya Zigbee 3.0 devices. I know there are a few of them out there, Maybe I can figure out how to modify the Konke motion driver to work more fully with the vibration sensor using the information provided on the Zigbee2MQTT site:

Dude, this is awesome. I tired using the Xiaomi vibration sensors, but they kept falling off and screwing up my zigbee mesh. Since I removed the sensors, my zigbee is rock solid.

This Tuya sensor looks great, has cheap AAA batteries and hopefully is compatible with HE zigbee long term, unlike the Xiaomis which only behaved for the short term.

Anyway, if you can post in a screenshot, the joining info section of the device, Mike can likely easily include into the HE default drivers.
Like this:

I do have Aqara vibration and water leak sensors that are functioning normally. However, I had to ditch all of my Centralite plugs that were functioning as Zigbee repeaters and replace them with Zigbee 3.0 switches based on eWeLink technology.

In case anyone is interested in working on a driver for the Tuya device, here is the current device driver status.

Device Details

Create Time 2021-06-30 5:37:45pm CDT
Last Update Time 2021-07-01 12:44:17pm CDT
Last Activity At 2021-07-01 1:33:59pm CDT
Controller Type ZGB
Data * endpointId: 01
  • model: TS0210
  • application: 46
  • driver: v1.0.1.1123
  • manufacturer: _TYZB01_3zv6oleo|

The device works with the Konke motion sensor driver by Muxa, but the only reports are activity/inactivity and battery status. The vibration sensor is capable of reporting: Battery, Vibration, Sensitivity, and Link Quality. The device does have X, Y, Z coordinates, but I do not know if these are accessible.

1 Like

So I just received my Tuya vibration sensors.
Very odd it pops up 2 devices upon discovery with 2 unique 64 bit addresses(unless I have another ghost zigbee device?)
Anyway here is the fingerprint info @mike.maxwell would need to add
And screenshots of the 2 devices seen on joining, of which only 1 stays afterward

ID: 7B84

Manufacturer: _TYZB01_3zv6oleo

Product Name:

Model Number: TS0210

deviceTypeId: 364

more...

manufacturer : _TYZB01_3zv6oleo

idAsInt : 1

inClusters : 0000,000A,0001,0500

endpointId : 01

profileId : 0104

application : 46

outClusters : 0019

initialized : true

model : TS0210

stage : 4

what driver are you requesting that I add this fingerprint to?

Hi Mike, Thank you. I guess motion sensor or whatever makes the most sense or what would be easiest to do.
I'm basically zigbee illiterate, so I'll trust whatever you say

Mike

I was the one who started this thread,. The only way I could get the Tuya vibration sensor to work was to use the Konke motion sensor driver. However, there is no way to control the vibration sensitivity. I was not sure how to provide the device specific codes you needed to modify a driver. Many thanks to Rxich for providing that information.

There are not many vibration sensors available. The Tuya ones seem to be suitable if we can get a fully functioning driver for them. Anything you can do will be most appreciated. The device should be capable for reporting battery life, vibration, sensitivity and link quality. It does have x,y,z accelerometer capability, but I do not know if the coordinates are reported separately like they are with the Smartthings multisensor.

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread. Outside of the samsung, which is no longer made, this is the only vibration sensor I could find. It seems to be stable, regularly reporting, holding a steady DNI.
There is just 1 unparsed piece of info, that Mike could easily fix with the driver

Summary

dev:2342021-07-13 03:41:51.542 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 03:41:35.543 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 03:01:13.645 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 03:00:57.643 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 01:23:14.456 pm warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 11:27:26.215 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 11:27:10.198 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 11:23:20.385 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 11:23:04.313 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 09:20:32.538 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 05:18:14.608 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 01:15:42.653 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

2 Likes

There are a couple of different designs that use the Tuya vibration sensor technology.

I got the SOLE sensor that looks like some contact sensors.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLE-HOME-Anti-Theft-Adjustable-Sensitivity/dp/B0949HNV7N/ref=sr_1_6?

However, there are also some that look more like the old Smartthings multisensors. This is one such reference.

Amazon.com : Tuya Zigbee Smart Vibration Sensor, Mobile Phone Remote Alarm, Smart Home Door Window Sensor, Anti-Theft Vibration Sensor, Sensitive Earthquake Sensor, Alexa/Google Assistant : Camera & Photo?

I presume they all share similar Tuya Zigbee 3.0 technology and will work with the same driver.

Once we get a fully functional driver, perhaps the demand will increase to the point that we won't have to wait a month for delivery from China.

@rwclements228 Did you ever find a better driver for this vibration sensor? I ended up buying one sometime before finding this thread in order to work with a laundry monitor app, but I believe that since the app doesn't recognize "motion sensors" as something to listen to, it won't integrate with it.

I am still using the Konke motion sensor driver for the Sole (Tuya) vibration sensor. Since I am using it to detect vibration rather than the lack of vibration, it works just fine, so I have not attempted to explore other options.

I have a washer plus gas dryer, both operating on 110 V. I use ZOOZ ZEN15 power outlets for each device. The Laundry Manager app works great using only the power monitoring readings. However, if you have a 220V electric dryer, the ZEN15 is not an option.

I also have an Aqara vibration sensor that works with the community Xiaomi/Aqara Sensors and Switches Driver. That driver includes acceleration and tilt, so you might pick up one of the Aqara sensors to see if that works. I understand that once triggered by vibration, the device will not report again for 1 minute, so it might not work the way you want.

Yeah, I didn't want to buy more aqara devices because of how they can interfere with people's zigbee meshes and it's not worth the 30 bucks for the zooz since my laundry is just off the kitchen anyway. I was hoping the inexpensive vibration sensor would work, but I guess I'm out of luck for this purpose. I guess I'll find another use for it at some point unless someone can make an actual vibration driver for it. Thanks!

Aqara is starting to make some devices that are Zigbee 3.0 compliant. I have a leak detector that is; it works with the built-in leak sensor driver. The Aqara vibration detector, however, is still one of the one that needs the special driver.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for those then if I end up wanting to do the laundry app still. That's definitely great news about Aqara though since I do like the look and the price of their products. Thanks!

any chance of getting this implemented? As I mentioned this is the only zigbee one I could find. Now Zooz has 1 but it's twice the price.

@IllFatedIPA @Rxich Can you try this driver?

I am using the Konke motion sensor driver. It works for my simplistic purposes. I have not tried the modified driver for the Tuya vibration sensor, but I can do so and report back in a few days.

Update: I tried the new community driver for the Tuya vibration sensor. It appears to work. The reporting interval for motion defaults to every 3 seconds.

1 Like

Thank you for the test, @rwclements228
This driver should work with Better Laundry Monitor community app, allowing Tuya Vibration sensor to be used as an acceleration capable device.

Yes, the new driver reports acceleration. That messed up my rule that made an announcement when the jewelry chest is opened. I had to change the rule to be based on acceleration, rather than motion.

Later this week, I am getting a new dishwasher that is built into the kitchen cabinet. It is hardwired using armored cable, so I cannot use a power monitoring outlet like I use with my washer and dryer. I may try to use the Tuya vibration sensor to see if it can tell me when the dishwasher completes its cycle.