Tuya vibration sensor

Awesome, Thank You. It works great, however even after changing driver and hitting configure several times and waiting overnight, I'm not seeing any battery level other than a coded date in state variables.

Should I try a re-pair with your driver in place?

@rwclements228 please be careful, I saw someone reported buying a tuya device that was reported as "working" however when the device was delivered, tuya had changed firmware and the device no longer worked in HE. I mean not that these are super expensive but who likes to waste money. This is the data section from my working device
Nevermind I see you already have a working device

I am sorry to report that the Tuya Vibration Sensor driver is not working properly with my Sole/Tuya based vibration sensor. It looks like the sensor is working properly in that it reports acceleration and battery life as it should, but I have not been able to get it to trigger activities in a rule. For example, I cannot get it to turn on a light or speak a notification. As soon as I went back to the former Konke motion sensor driver, the rule worked again. I even deleted my rule and recreated it to make sure I had changed it over to a acceleration/vibration trigger, but no luck. I have no idea why it is not working for me.

I can confirm the problem with Rule 5.1., the rule doesn't fire on acceleration changed trigger event ?

I have a SmartThings Multipurpose sensor acceleration working on the other hub, will compare what are the differences later tonight.

EDIT: I located the problem, will publish an update tonight.

1 Like

ver 1.0.4 fixes the problem in the previous version, tested with both RM 5.1 and Basic Rules.

Next will be to add the driver into HPM and then fix the battery reporting (thanks @Rxich)

1 Like

The driver is available for installation from HPM -> 'Browse by tags' : Zigbee, driver name is " Tuya ZigBee Vibration Sensor"

Ver. 1.0.5 - added battery reporting.
Ver. 1.0.6 - Vibration Sensitivity configuration

2 Likes

Thanks kkoossev.

I associated the old Tuya driver with HPM and updated the driver to your new version. The vibration sensor now triggers rules just like is should
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for! Sorry for taking so long to actually test it out, since I decided that I didn't actually need to automate my laundry, the sensor has been sitting on my coffee table waiting for me to get around to pairing it back into my hub. Since I just got another button, I figured I was already 90% of the way there.

Now that it's back in, I'll play around with using this again. Thanks @kkossev!

1 Like