Tuya Humidity & Temperature sensor

@kkossev, Yes after doing the first device it does select the Tuya by defaults. And doing them right next to HE worked. I got all to pair. Thank you for your help.

I sure do appreciate all the experts in these forums that are sooo helpful. I love my HE, and hope one day I'll have time to learn drivers and more advanced dev work.

1 Like

Wondering if someone can help me - I am using this driver, and when I add the devices (temperature and humidity sensors) they only show battery - I have tried deleting the devices multiple times and when I add them they find the Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock (w/ healthStatus) by default. I have also paired them sitting right next to my HE hub...but I can never get temp or humidity. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I use this sensor driver without any issues. Can you please post a screenshot of your device status page? Also, is there any helpful information in the logs?

Here is a screenshot from one of my devices, for comparison:

I actually finally got them to pair after trying about 30x. Now the issue I have is they immediately become unavailable for some reason. I can’t ping them right next to the HE. Here is what the log shows:

What is the actual device you are using? Do you have a link to the product?

I do. It’s this one: 1pc Tuya Zigbee Wifi Temperature Humidity Sensor Home Connected Thermometer Compatible With Smart Life Alexa Google Assistant - Tools & Home Improvement - Temu

Okay, let me first apologize for not being very useful. I'm just throwing darts at a board at this point.

But...

1. Are you certain you ordered the zigbee version and not the wifi? At first, I thought it supported both, but it appears they are "either/or". Do they have the "Z" on the temp logo of the device?
  2. Is there a button on the device to reset?
  3. Perhaps try a different set/brand of batteries?

Also, I would probably unpair all temp/humidity devices, and just troubleshoot the first one. Once it's connected and working properly, then I would begin adding the others one at a time.

Darts are better than what I have right now!

It is the zigbee version. There is a reset and that’s how you get them to pair. But I’m not sure what the batteries would cause…they are triple AAA and I’m using energizer lithium. You really think that could cause an issue?

I have no idea. It's worth a try to see if it "jogs" something during the pairing process.

Otherwise; I would guess it has something to do with the "manufacturer" id. I have seen the plugin author adding new id's in the past. Maybe this one needs to be added as well?

Have you visited the device settings page; and checked what attributes are shown there? Do you have "state" variables like in my screenshot above? If so, can you please post those?

Lastly, I am tagging the plugin author.
@kkossev, any ideas here?

@chadmoss
I don’t see the device model and manufacturer in the post above. Please make a screenshot of the device web page in Hubitat, “Device details “ Data section.

Here are the current State variables:

Here is the manufacturer and model:

I can not find any information for this device on the Net ... It is either very new or ?? (the link you posted says 'discontinued' - can you check if the link to the site is still correct)?

rxCtr: 0 means: zero messages received from the device.... It has pairing problems with the HE hub. Is the hub C-7 or C-8 ?

Try deleting it from HE ( the 'REMOVE DEVICE' red button at the bottom of the device page) and then pair it very close to the hub. I will need the detailed information from the popup window when paired as a new device - please see this post .

1 Like

Where are you seeing discontinued? It pops up for me: 1pc Tuya Zigbee Wifi Temperature Humidity Sensor Home Connected Thermometer Compatible With Smart Life Alexa Google Assistant - Tools & Home Improvement - Temu
Here is the pairing info:
Device pairing info

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_rdhukkmi
Endpoint 01 application: 46
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0001,0003,0402,0405,0000
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZ3000_rdhukkmi
Endpoint 01 model: TS0201
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0003,0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

--

On a side note, I am also trying to setup this device, but it doesn't seem to work with your driver or any of the generic drivers: 1pc Tuya Zigbee Water Leakage Detector Smart Home Water Immersion Sensor Cooperates With Tuya Zigbee Gateway Supports Smart Life App | 24/7 Customer Service | Temu
Device pairing info

Device pairing info

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_ocjlo4ea
Endpoint 01 application: 41
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0001,0003,0500,0000
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZ3000_ocjlo4ea
Endpoint 01 model: TS0207
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

Well, after several tries I was able to see the product for half of a second, before the screen changed to this :

Seems like the web site content is region locked or something similar..

Thank you for the fingerprint, I will add it to the driver and will notify you to try again.

The second device is already supported by this driver. Make sure you pair it really close to the hub.

1 Like

@chadmoss please update to version 1.3.8 2023/08/10 9:05 PM and pair the TH sensor again to the hub,

2 Likes

Strange! It must be. I appreciate your help!
I’m still having issues with both. Same type of issue on both too. I get an initial reading and then neither reports any more.

And here is the product you can’t see:

1 Like

Actually, both devices seem to be more of a time out issue than a single reading… The water sensor seems to work for about 10 seconds, and then stops working while the humidity/Around five seconds, before it stops working.

What is your hub model?
C-7?

Actually, it's a C-8.