Trying to pair a Zigbee power Strip

Some companies (Wyze among them) obtain the rights to the same subset of the MAC address range and share the same first 6 characters; the addresses (6 character blocks) are still administrated by IEEE and show up as "IEEE Registration Authority" in lookups.

3 Likes

Thanks for trying, guess for now it's back to Amazon for mine. :frowning_face:

My pairing attempt with "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch" recorded in the below youtube lin,
Powerstrip - pairing attempt - screen recording

I have a similar powerstrip working with Hubitat and using the same driver "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch". But this new one is not showing the child devices (indivudual power sockets) after detection, (even though I used the same driver "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch")

Hopefully a new driver supporting this will be added to the list soon. I am planning to return this powerstrip for now :frowning:

Unfortunately, this seems to be not a driver issue, but HE Zigbee system problem with a lot of new Tuya devices that use a new Zigbee module.

The video is shown in low resolution and I am not sure on the exact manufacturer ID, can you please copy and paste all the information from the device web page Data section? (model/manufacturer/applicationId)

Thanks for looking into this @kkossev ...!
Attaching the Device config screenshot. (Hopefully the screenshot will be clear after the upload)

Update:- Had to download the image from the portal, to see it clearly.

1 Like

Thank you @stmstratum ,
Your device is definitely the same as the one that I have ( _TZ3000_cfnprab5, application version 64). The only difference is that yours has Australian standard sockets, while mine is the EU sockets version.

If there is any progress on finding a solution I will let you know.

3 Likes

Help needed - Zigbee devices that do not pair correctly in HE

The UseeLink SM-S0306 is Zigbee 3.0, which I'm pretty sure that Hubitat has decided is not important. That is probably the answer.

I just unboxed one of these:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 40
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,E000
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_cfnprab5
  • model: TS011F
  • outClusters: 000A
  • softwareBuild:

It's seems to be working fine so far. Using Generic Zigbee Multi-Point Driver on a C-5 running 2.3.6.146

You’ve been lucky receiving an older version of the extension plug… Your screenshot shows ‘application 40’, while the problematic new devices have application 60.

1 Like

I just purchased a power strip from Amazon, it included a comment from a purchaser that it worked with HE, albeit with a process using this driver swap over described.

Here is a link to what I purchased https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09JWP6TJG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I tried the Generic Zigbee Multi Endpoint Switch and the Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug driver, selecting Device between them and clearing states.

It would pair with a C8 but not a C7

Nothing seemed to work despite trying lots of different combinations

Just as I was about to give up I saw a comment that someone had chosen the option when pairing to

This worked immediately on the C8 and I am able to use all the different plug sockets independently through child devices

1 Like

I also managed to pair it to my C-8 two times - firstly, when the C-8 was taken out of the box and there were no much other Zigbee devices paired. As I added a bunch of other Zigbee devices to my C-8, it was not possible to pair it again anymore.

This device will not work with C-7 or older HE hubs - it requires unconditionally a Zigbee 3.0 coordinator and will not fall back to the previous protocol version, as required by the standards.

2 Likes

I had the same experience with my C5 hub, initially the strip paired and worked as expected. Yay!
Then I deleted it to help someone else by checking the exact steps I had used to get it working with HE.
But when I went to add it back to HE it all went for $hit... and would not work properly no matter what was tried.
But hey, if it's working for you and you're confident you'll never have to re-pair it, or add more ZigBee devices, or reset it down the road or... whatever. :wink:
Then you're good to go.
Personally, I chose to return it and go with a Kasa Wi-Fi strip for now. :man_shrugging:

1 Like