Trying to pair a Zigbee power Strip

1. Delete all devices related to this Xenon/Tuya Parent/Component/Child power bar from your hub.
  2. Download and install Tuya Zigbee metering plug Driver.
  3. Go to Add device manually: - ZigBee - Get ready to click on Start Zigbee pairing.
  4. Push and hold Xenon Power button until it starts to blink.
  5. Click on Start Zigbee pairing on Hubitat Elevation hub.
  6. Wait for countdown timer to end. Give your new Device a name:
    Click on Pairing Info - copy the info somewhere for later.
  7. Click on Next - Add to a room, or skip.
  8. Click on View device details. Change driver to Tuya Zigbee metering plug, - Save, Initialize.
  9. Change driver to Device - Save, Configure, all the Delete's.
  10. Change driver to Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch - Save, Configure, Off, On. Refresh the page.
  11. Scroll down to Device Details and click on your Component/Child Devices.
1 Like

I reset and tried from fresh and it didn't work as expected.
Logs were going crazy until I switched to the Tuya Zigbee metering plug driver and initialized the powerbar.

logs

Have you saved any screenshots from the logs when the strip was using the Muxa's driver?

Or the multiple logs are actually what is seen at the bottom of your previously posted screenshot?

Here's some more logs. :wink:

lotsa logs

Not all of them, but all the highlights.

1 Like

I'm having the same issue as this person I have to pair the device two times once manual The second one on "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch" to get all 4 plugs to show up on the Hubitat

This device behavior is really weird!
All these repetitive logs :

are produced by the HE inbuilt 'device' driver. They are the result from clicking on the 'Get Info' button, but I have no idea why the device sends tons of repetitive answers... For me. it seems like a bug in the firmware of the device.

@noname10133 let's make a last attempt to make it working.

1. Delete the device from the HE web page (the red "REMOVE DEVICE" button at the device web page bottom right).
  2. Make sure you have installed this driver : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/hubitat-muxa-fork/development/drivers/zemismart-zigbee-multigang-switch.groovy
  3. Pair the strip again to HE

Don't switch different drivers, use just this "Zemismart ZigBee Wall Switch Multi-Gang", which should be assigned automatically during the pairing process. It should create 5 child devices itself.

:crazy_face: I fixed mine real good...
It shows 5 components but they all control all the outlets...?

Trying to reset it again and now my hub is not happy.

Fix it till it's broke. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Do you mean that when using the Zemismart ZigBee Wall Switch Multi-Gang" driver you can't control individually the outlets, but they all switch on/off at once?

Correct.
Just trying to delete the device from HE and re-pair one more time.
Should I update the driver code? Or is it unchanged?

Wait 5 minutes. I am modifying the Muxa's driver to apply a similar 'TuyaBlackMagic' initialization as in the Tuya Metering plug driver.

k.
ATM
Zemismart ZigBee Wall Switch Multi-Gang 0.2.12
Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug 1.6.2

Update the Zemismart ZigBee Wall Switch Multi-Gang to ver. 0.2.13 2022-11-12 - tuyaBlackMagic() for Xenon similar to Tuya Metering Plug.

Give your new Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug a name:

hmmm?

Device pairing info

1 Like

The Zemismart driver was not assigned automatically… so most probably the Xenon fingerprint is wrong.

Checking

Found it, please update again - same version, timeStamp 2022/11/12 11:10 PM

Got the update, browser is now stuck on spinning circle mode....

Switching to Device, clearing everything.

While saving the driver? I have had similar slowdowns in the last few days also.

1 Like

Back to the driver, saving....
So far so good.

Save Preferences.....
Spinning...

Nothing in the logs.

Still spinning... aka waiting for 192....