THIRDREALITY Zigbee Smart Plug Logging and Power Restore

@mike.maxwell I purchased a 4 pack of the THIRDREALITY Zigbee Smart Plugs and have 2 installed at the moment and they are using the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver. I have a few questions:

• My power has momentarily gone out a few times and the outlets that were previously On do not restore that state. Is there any way to control that? The driver doesn't offer a preference but wasn't sure if that could be added if the device itself has a setting for it.
  • When viewing past logs, these outlets are creating info logging every hour that the other devices using this driver do not (I also have INNR and Iris smart plugs using the same driver). It basically repeats that the device is On and my other is normally Off and it repeats every hour that it is off. Example:

Third reality devices are famous for ignoring reporting configurations that are sent to it, hence other devices being more conservative in their reporting as they are honoring the configuration sent by the driver.
Regarding the power on state, that is governed by the device, not something we typically deal with in the driver due to possible sync issues.

1 Like

Thanks Mike

I bought several of those and found out they didn't maintain state after an outage. I reverted back to my Centralite plugs that do remember state. Bummed.

You may want to try Jonathan's driver :

It features maintaining the state after an outage and energy reporting.

4 Likes

I can give it a try. I think the model I have does not support power reporting.
Model No. 3RSP019BZ

Yep mine too, no power reporting.

The power-on behaviour configuration should be working with the 3RSP019BZ model as well.

Be careful with Centralite plugs. They are older devices that are not as good repeaters as some Zigbee 3.0 plugs. If you have any Centralite plugs in the mesh, do not attempt to add Aqara devices as they are likely to cause problems.

That is why I bought the Third Reality plugs. I saw absolutely no difference in performance between the Third Reality plugs (non-power-reporting) and the Centralite plugs. Do you know that the 3RSP019BZ plug is Zigbee 3.0? It doesn't have any indication on the device or the packaging.

I never thought of this as i'm still using the c7, but what would happen to my mesh if I went to the c8 with Zigbee 3.0.

You should be OK as long as you do not have any non-standard devices like Aqara.

I have not had any problems with the older Centralite plugs. I only replace them with the Third Reality plugs in hopes they would be better repeaters (more devices would use them as repeaters). I did not see any change at all and, due to the issue (now apparently resolved with a different driver) of losing state on power up, I switched back to the Centralite plug. They are still working well.

My oldest (and definitely not Zigbee 3.0) plugs - the SmartThings plugs seem to be the best repeaters on my network. Those were built by Centralite for SmartThings.

Hi @kkossev I'm using this driver you identified and suggested for my 3rd Reality power monitoring outlets and its working very well!

I can't find a source thread to it - wanted to suggest a change :slight_smile:
Line 761
from
final String descriptionText = "${attribute} was set to ${value}${unit ?: ''}"
to
final String descriptionText = "${device} ${attribute} was set to ${value}${unit ?: ''}"

this allows me to search the logs for events by device name.

1 Like

There’s a link to the dev’s GitHub repo in the forum post @kkossev linked to above.

1 Like