Thinking about switching from Wink

Nice. Hope the lock joins alright too.

So you were saying use a motion sensor instead of a light switch? I guess that might work ok sometimes, but I know there are times I go down in the dark and donā€™t want the lights to come on. I have thought about motion sensors in other rooms to turn on lights but again for the same reason, a lot of times I donā€™t want a light to come on when I go in a room.

So would that HomeSeer HSM200 work as a Beamer for my lock?

Homeseer claims yes on that webpage I linked, and the compliance statement says yes, but I don't have any personal experience.

They are really expensive though. Crazy. You could buy 2 of most other device for that almost $60 (plus shipping).

Ok I guess I am going to have to get a beaming device. I thought I was going to do it anyway, but I was hoping after doing a zwave repair and making my geofence larger that it would not be necessary. I left the house this morning to get breakfast and when I came back the door still did not unlock. So just to make sure I get the right thing. I should order a 2 pack of Aeotec Range Extender 6? I might need more than 1 and the 2 pack is cheaper per device. thanks

one other thing, I am trying to add the echo speakers ability to my hubitat, but I am at the point I have to click +Add User App. I only have the built-in app option though. how do I get to the +Add User App?

I think it is an error form importing the code. I see I am getting this error.
Metadata Error: Parent App 'tonesto7:Echo Speaks' not found on line 23.
My bad I got it now....

2 Likes

I just ordered a 2 pack of those Aeotec Range Extender 6. hopefully that helps

1 Like

Switch and controller ordered from Sean over at RGBGEINE. thanks!

1 Like

Door worked tonight. It knows I order those extenders.... :grinning:

1 Like

Too bad I canā€™t use some of my old iPhones as a min wall panel. I have a 3g, two 4ā€™s two 4sā€™s and a couple of 6ā€™s. My kids use the ones newer than those. I was thinking of doing one of the kindel fire hd tablets. The old iPhone are about the size of a standard switch though.

I got my rgb genie installed. I can control the zw-1001 with my dashboard or under devices, but I can not seem to figure out how to link the as-3001 wall switch. I tried mirror, but that didnā€™t do it. I tried making a SA, but that didnā€™t work either. I thought it would be easy to get these to talk to each other. What am I missing? I installed the drivers for the zw-1001.

I got it working thanks to my other thread I posted asking for help.

just another update on a few things that was in the works from this thread. My door lock has been working correctly every since a day after I did the Z-wave repair. I did get my 2 extenders in yesterday. I put one in the basement about 15 feet from the hub. (my next closest outlet) and the other about 10 ft from mt lock. I am not sure if it is going to help, but ether way it is working right now. thanks again.

Well It looks like the range extenders are not happy in their current locations. I did the test on them by pressing the button until it turns purple then see what color it flashes after the purple stops flashing. both flashed red. I moved the one in the basement to be line of sight and closer. it is now 15 ft line of sight. I was wrong before it was almost 25 ft and not line of sight. it now shows green when I do the test. the other one is being a real PITA. it is on the first floor, directly above the basement repeater. since the basement repeater is close to the ceiling there is less than 3 ft between the 2 devices. It does have to travel through the floor, but I would think that being this close would still allow it to have a good signal strength. it still flashes red. any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

Glad the one repeater seems to be happy.

Did you do a Zwave repair after installing the first repeater?

I would maybe try somewhere further away too. Closer isn't always better. Radio waves are weird things sometimes. Look at your first repeater, you found a good spot for it after some trial and error.

1 Like

Thanks. good info there. I did get the other to turn green after doing 2 z wave repairs.

2 Likes

And the lock has not opened correctly since adding the extenders and doing a few zwave repairs. It has been a few days since the last repair was done. I was hoping it would have started working by now. I also looked through the logs of the repeaters it does not show any activity since the last repair. Shouldnā€™t it show the single being relayed to the door?

I just bought a zigbee module for the lock. I will see if that works better.

I put the zigbee module in today and it worked perfectly tonight. I will see if this continues.

1 Like