Thinking about switching from Wink

I would be curious to try that "bad" lock module in a "known good" environment. I don't have a Kwikset lock to try it in though.

1 Like

And tonight it didnā€™t work. I even was setting in my car for about 5 mins before going inside. It never did unlock.

Presumably you are unlocking this based on presence? How are you determining presence? I suggest doing it by one of the combined presence apps that are available .... (@jwetzel1492's Combined Presence, @doug's Presence Governor, or any of the others).

I have the life 360 tracking my location. Even with that off, the dashboard shows when I am home. Not sure what it is using to determine this.

So it looks like I had 2 options to detect my presence. one is Virtual Presence, and the other is Mobile App Device. Does one work better than the other? I was using the Mobile App Device in my rules. I made another to use Virtual Presence, and I also installed Combined Presence, and Presence Governor. I have both of them set to detect either or the above 2 options. hopefully one of these works.

Why not homeseer?

The generic z-wave switch driver, also works.

I donā€™t have that. I was hoping to get it working in habitat.

Lock did not work tonight. It is very odd. I checked the events for my presence detection, and the locks events. Presence was spot on. Hubitat showed I arrived home at 10:40. Not here is where it gets odd. My lock events shows it was unlocked within 30 seconds of me arriving home. When I walked up to the door it was locked. I entered my code to unlock it. The events page shows that too. About 1 min after I arrived home. Not sure why the lock shows it was unlocked before I entered the code when it wasnā€™t. I was also guessing my issue was with my presence detection, but that does not appear to be the case. The lock responds to the dashboard commands any time of the day I try. It does this with about a 3 second delay for both locking and unlocking the door. It also did the same when it was a zwave lock. Not sure why it is not working with my presence.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.