The Time has come

SharpTools is built-in if you want something different.

1 Like

You've done really well. Nice one.

I really like Sharptools even with the small delay in commands versus the dashboard.

1 Like

I Really don't want a cloud solution.
The day that sharptools runs local on the hub without being through cloud servers I'm game to give it another try.

Don't take me wrong I did pay and use Sharptools and Actiontiles with ST.
But you are always dependent on an internet connection for it to work. No, my internet connection goes down probably just once a year. But yes I do want also want to control my house in that particular day. Remember Voice assistants will also be down.

Additionally I also want something more creative. Even though I love the concept of tiles the way Actiontiles, Sharptools and even Hubitat Dashboards were designed and are still designed with programming view and not a UX in mind. They are aesthetical unappealing and very restrictive from a creative standpoint.

2 Likes

I hear you, it would be awesome if it was local for sure. I have a fire HD10 on the wall and cant live with the ugly dashboard UI so sharptools is my best option right now. its wife friendly too

its also great when im away from home and want to control, since thats going to be through the cloud regardless.

Why not host your own local website using Maker API and create your own dash?
Granted, quite a bit of effort to show the actions, but possible, and use whatever design you like :slight_smile:

I've often thought about this, but haven't gotten around to trying it as yet.

Or theres HousePanel. :+1:

Wish i had the skills for it.
You are speaking foreign language for me.... coding... not even a line... lol

House panel is not local

1 Like

It is :wink:
Although not on the hub itself.

I had the impression that was cloud.
Does the designer runs on any mobile devices.
I no longer use a Pc.
I don't think it will run on rPI

Yes HP will run on a rpi

1 Like

This is exactly why I wrote HousePanel. It is designed to be local on your own rPI or local PC running a webserver. More importantly it was designed to enable full customization for making aesthetically appealing panels. People have created floor plan panels, photos and team logos on tiles, and all sorts of things. You can even mix items from different sensors onto a single tile. Colors, icons, borders, and tile placement are all user adjustable using a friendly GUI - or you can edit the CSS directly if you prefer. And it’s “free” ... donations appreciated.

2 Likes

Your dashboards look great IMO. There's definitely work to be done on the dashboard app, and I found myself pretty frustrated while setting mine up, but once that effort was done I have found them to be effective. Not that pretty but they get the job done. RGBW control is the only thing I'm missing as well.

HP has RGB control? I have my rpi just for the vpn(not working at the moment) because it was for google assistant but with the chromecast integration I don't need it anymore. I can try HP.

Edit: I should post this in the HP thread, or at least go there and read more. Sorry.

Would House Panel run on a synology NAS?

Yes HP has full color control and yes it can run on anything that can host a website.

Fyi.

1 Like

Even though is progress is still restrictive.
You can't choose and use your own icon custom set, you can't float text, you can't have a background image per tile,
Just to name a few. Not everyone is a fan of minimalist design.

So you want minimalist light switches and a noisy dashboard?

1 Like

:joy::rofl:
I like good design.
The current application of minimalist on tiles, on the foremention tools, is not, in my humble opinion, a good application of minimalist design. A core tenant in minimalist design is simplicity of use with user experience at heart.

Just my 2 cents though

2 Likes

Just a quick update...
Hub/Mesh has been stable for a few days now.

Do I know what the hell was going on on the first times? No damn clue.

Same devices on same location with same batteries.
Same zigbee radio.
Same custom code

1 Like