I was today notified by customs that my Hubitat package should be arriving later today. Hooray.
As such would like to run through you my strategy for migrating from ST to HE.
My setup is mostly zigbee devices having only 1 zwave device. So zwave will be the last device to Integrate in HE.
All my lighting is being routed through Philips HUE it's a mix of IKEA and Hue and Glepodoto)
I have ordered sensibly 40% more sensors from what I currently have installed (All my sensors are zigbee) this just arrived yesterday as well.
So first thing I will do is to setup zigbee:
Home Networks (Wifi) uses channel 13 and 36.
Philips Hue uses Channel 25 (is the mesh with more devices)
ST Hub uses Channel 20
So now I need to setup HE with a different network what you would suggest?
To clarify both ST and Philips HUE are the only networks using those channels.
Channels 15 to 20 have no networks operating. Channels 1 to 14 are generally heavy populated with networks with noise radios between -50 to -110. Exception is channel 3 that has only 1 network with a -40 noise level and Channel 9 is empty.
After I setup zigbee:
- I will then add HUE into HE
- After will add the new sensors
- Next will be comparing performance between ST and HE. Initially without any rules.
- Second Step I will than reduce the number of lamps/actions/switches on ST rules to liberate them to be used in HE
- After will duplicate my rules into HE and test if they work.
- After will start measuring performance between HE and ST.
- As soon i'm happy with HE performance will remove old devices from current location (as new devices will be there).
- Will then remove them from ST and Reset them.
- Paired them with HE.
- Add them one by one into new location and test.
- Create new rules and test.
- Add zwave device and test
- Migration completed.
Any suggestions and recommend are appreciated and welcome.