The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

I have 4 hubs already (2 C5 and 2 C7) and I am already looking forward to a pre-order to play with a new one.

2 Likes

We just remodeled our kitchen and I put in a commercial grade KitchenAid gas oven. It has wifi capability that allows my wife to preheat the oven when she’s still at work right before she leaves to come home so the oven is ready to go. She can set the temp and timers and mode from her phone as well and even turn the oven off. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to tell if the burners were turned on.

With that being said, regarding BT, I have to deal with this tech in my aquarium lighting and the technology is unreliable. I don’t want any more devices connected by BT. 90% of the time I can’t connect to them when I need to and have to constantly power cycle them to get them woken up to respond to queries.

4 Likes

I wish appliance set their own clocks. Other than that, appliances don't need more smarts.

14 Likes

All that technology, and we can't have either a RTC or better yet an atomic clock. Instead we have either nothing, or internet time, which is better than nothing, but not ideal.

Might be problematic getting some radium for that built in atomic clock... :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Don't worry, we'll have time crystals that you can make at home before long.

3 Likes

Our Samsung stuff does have one tap time sync

1 Like

Not sure about that Peak Cain. Much lower than my installed antennas. :wink:
Not so many DIRECT connections I fear.

1 Like

Actually atomic clocks use cesium (being nitpicky here :wink:).

7 Likes

I got a friend working at the NPL. Three or four years ago he told me that within the decade they would be replacing the caesium clock with a strontium or ytterbium clock, either of which will lose one second in billions of years. Cs clocks lose about 1 second every ~150 million years.

3 Likes

ITYM "rubidium" (or caesium). And you can buy a Rb atomic "clock" on eBay for a couple hundred $.

3 Likes

hopefully the C8 will come with strontium and not this high tolerance Caesium clock even though I have never heard of these stuffs before.

6 Likes

Why use something so ridiculously inaccurate?

9 Likes

revenge of the nerds GIF

5 Likes

Thats how shelly device also work when setting them up.

3 Likes

Oh my god yes...we are getting pulled deep down the radioactive rabbit hole... :wink: :smiley:

4 Likes

Yea. Samsung hardware is pretty great. But I really wish that Samsung would get/stay out of the software and features business... cause they SUCK at it.

Link?

4 Likes

Actually the EU law doesn’t come into effect until the end of 2024 for phone type devices and two years later for laptops, etc. Apple has stated they will comply but I haven’t seen a timeline. Technically the iPhone16 could still ship with the lightning connector.

2 Likes