The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

Dude.

2 Likes

Bro.

1 Like

I thought they made it so other people could make z-wave chips now...

1 Like

In theory. In practice, as of December 2022, only one company (Exegin) has beta tested the SiLabs new open zwave stack on their hardware. So they’re not a supplier for anyone.

4 Likes

Please, get a room. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :wink:

11 Likes

Mate....

6 Likes

Is that a noun or a verb?

7 Likes

Feel free to interpret it as you wish.... :grin:

5 Likes

In the end we are all friends here...

9 Likes

2nd the POE element. Just makes sense.

3 Likes

Hopefully we will get it with the C9.

C8 doesn't look like a go.

2 Likes

Yup - sounds like USB-C or barrel connector.

2 Likes

all this conjecture.. i really wish something formal would be stated about the upgrade path and procedures.. Enquiring minds want to know..

1 Like

They've just gone through FCC approval. I'm sure there's many months of software debugging and beta-testing ahead before any presumptive large-scale production and release.

IMO, all we know at this stage is that they are planning to release new hardware. And that the hardware has gone through FCC approval.

5 Likes

Dude can be both too.

:rofl:

1 Like

A search for that model number yield this:

2 Likes

Interesting the input/output on that charger don't exactly match the stated input/output.

I'm not really enamored with USB-C. I like that it isn't directional like the micro-USB. However, it is not as secure in the socket and falls out much easier than the micro-USB or the mini-USB before that. Make USB-C (I guess then it would be USB-D) with some kind of detent so that it locks in when inserted. Now that would be a big improvement.

This thing isn't even on the market and we're planning the next one!!

Seems to me most the miscro-usb cords I have ever used tended to not be very secure after a couple months of use. Granted that's on cell a phone where it is connected and disconnected all the time. But something that is plugged in and left plugged in 99% of the time. they are about equal in that regard. To me the not having to turn it around three times to get it to fit is worth it.

3 Likes

These chipsets also include Bluetooth at least in some configurations. Not sure if the FCC docs would/should show that or not.