The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

I have over 200 physical devices and a shite ton of apps and rules and suffer no slow downs on either the c7 or the c8. Many here have far more than I do

6 Likes

Doesn't matter where you get it from.

1 Like

The only issue is if your were trying to lets say upgrade from a one region to another, that is not possible. Has to be the same region.

Any c5 or c7 will migrate zigbee and z-wave to the c8. The C4 WILL NOT.

Believe the C5 needs to be the North American version (internal Zwave)...

2 Likes

Mike stated that it was only the internal radio version of the C-5 on Hubitat Live.

It sounded like the Zigbee radio output was adjustable. How does that work, and are you seeing a major difference? BTW, I ordered mine about 5 minutes into the Hubitat Live stream last night. 2 day shipping!

For those of us that did upgrade our C7s with @lewis.heidrick’s recommended antennas are those worth using on the new C8 or are the included antennas good enough?

3 Likes

There is an option on the zigbee details page to adjust it. Think it defaults to 12 (C7 and below top out at 8) and that should be plenty for most particularly with the addition of the external antenna.

1 Like

The testing we have done internally, and with hardware beta testers, you shouldn’t need to change them.. But if you want to tinker, it is standard rp-sma connectors.

7 Likes

Thanks - I just received an e mail from Vesternet announcing they’ve very limited stock and will sell out within a day - bugger!

If you already have a POE Adapter that only supports micro usb, you can easily convert to USB C with these Micro USB Female to USB C Male adapters. Many other options on Amazon or even locally at places like Office Depot.

1 Like

Will the cloud migration also carry over z-wave associations? I have several.

Yes

2 Likes

I think I am going to mount mine on the rack finally and use extensions to mount the antennas on brackets to the top of the rack itself (it's a 26u rolling rack so I can clip them to the top)

3 Likes

Eggzellent.

1 Like

Damn. I just couldn’t wait any longer. I resisted the urge to upgrade for all of about 3 hours then gave up and ordered it

10 Likes

What are the dimensions of the unit, without antennae?
The C-7 fits perfect on my narrow window sill.
I should velcro it anyway though-it's fallen several times. :slight_smile:

You were stronger than I. Ordered mine before the live stream was done.

4 Likes

Feels like there are worse addictions to have ..... :smile:

5 Likes

Can the wifi radio be turned off?

Also, if you were to use wifi instead of ethernet cable, what are the downsides?
I can't imagine that many if you're not getting fancy with integrations involving wifi, only interfacing.

Of course, once you relocate your hub to a nice location since you're not encumbered by running a wire, the mesh might have to catch up. :slight_smile:

As long as they're also gold. :slight_smile: