The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

Once upon a time, Hubitat had a "2nd hub discount" that didn't work on a 3rd or 4th hub. As usual, it had "one discount per" language so you couldn't double up a "this week only" sale with a 2nd hub discount. But I too like the idea of reducing secondary market. Not that I have any vote :smiley:

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

According to the fcc documents there it doesn't have it. Just as easy to use a poe splitter.

5 Likes

That's what I do now... I have 4 hubs and a few are in places that it would be nice to not have the splitter... I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

I doubt it, but like so many others here, I've bought a POE adapter for each of my hubs. (5) Given the probability that I'd have to pay $ for a Hubitat built in POE compatibility vs buying a POE adapter, I don't mind the POE adapter. In other words, I recognize that having POE built in wouldn't be free. And that EVERYONE would have to pay that increment vs me and my 5 hubs. Nice, yes, require, no. The one thing I do not like about POE adapters is that the power wire is an inch longer than the ethernet wire. It's not Neat Looking :smiley:

7 Likes

YES! Drives me crazy....and that I'll probably need another adapter for the new hub...

1 Like

Who has 2 thumbs and a C-8 on the way?

:+1::grinning::+1: This guy!

8 Likes

Me too. Now have to research migration.

2 Likes

It's incredibly easy

1 Like

Oh nice, it's live on the site! It comes with the external antennas we've all be asking for! :sunglasses:

I wonder if USB-C has replaced that abomination MicroB for Power?

EDIT: Details are up:

6 Likes

Yes, it is USB-C power now. Same 1A requirement.

6 Likes

With gold hardware. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

With a WI-Fi radio?

3 Likes

WiFi is built-in…

3 Likes

There is hinting that “it’s more powerful”, but I haven’t seen any details regarding memory/CPU compared to C7.

3 Likes

And just to head off the inevitable rumors, no, the new C-8 is not shipping from @lewis.heidrick's home. [Which should be obvious by the way because they're not full wave antennas.] :rofl:

11 Likes

Yes, even with the built Wifi, still only needs 1A supply.
I would assume they just changed to USB-C since it is more prevalent now, and also more robust.

2 Likes

Well done, you! Made me choke on a sip of whisky!

11 Likes

I see cloud backup is offered for a one time migration.
What exactly is backup for the radios, that Hub Protect provides?

1 Like

The zwave radio has always been backed up on C7's and transferable, but it sounds like the Zigbee backup and Migration is new.

1 Like