The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

Yes, and there's no way the HE hub is going to match the Wi-Fi performance of my Unifi APs (or most any other Wi-Fi setup that a user is running). Keep the hub/HE staff focused on core HA functionality. That's where they make my heart go thumpy-thumpy. :wink:

12 Likes

LOL @aaiyar

8 Likes

Because it’s useless for home automation. It was just the BT forum trying to get in on the HA action with an entirely unsuited system.

10 Likes

Same here, the wifi on the c8 will just be to connect to a wifi AP imo.

6 Likes

In addition to remote start (dial has to be pre-set), our LG dual fuel shows the (gas) cooktop status, but mostly it's just a warning now that a burner has been left on. Before they dumbed down the app, it used to show all burners individually.

There's some LG code floating around in a thread but the dev abandoned it and I haven't kept up on it, I think a few users are still messing with it for their washer/dryer.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bluetooth for Home Automation

I'm still on a C4 hub and it req reboots from time to time. Gonna jump on this the second it's available.

3 Likes

It would be nice if Hubitat would offer a trade in program, similar to what Amazon offers for old Fire Sticks and Fire Tablets. Give a few dollars for the old device, offer a percentage discount on the new hardware.

4 Likes

Not a bad idea from a business perspective, assuming there is enough margin to accommodate. Should reduce the number of hubs sold on the secondary markets thereby increasing new hub sales.

6 Likes

Once upon a time, Hubitat had a "2nd hub discount" that didn't work on a 3rd or 4th hub. As usual, it had "one discount per" language so you couldn't double up a "this week only" sale with a 2nd hub discount. But I too like the idea of reducing secondary market. Not that I have any vote :smiley:

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

According to the fcc documents there it doesn't have it. Just as easy to use a poe splitter.

5 Likes

That's what I do now... I have 4 hubs and a few are in places that it would be nice to not have the splitter... I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

I doubt it, but like so many others here, I've bought a POE adapter for each of my hubs. (5) Given the probability that I'd have to pay $ for a Hubitat built in POE compatibility vs buying a POE adapter, I don't mind the POE adapter. In other words, I recognize that having POE built in wouldn't be free. And that EVERYONE would have to pay that increment vs me and my 5 hubs. Nice, yes, require, no. The one thing I do not like about POE adapters is that the power wire is an inch longer than the ethernet wire. It's not Neat Looking :smiley:

7 Likes

YES! Drives me crazy....and that I'll probably need another adapter for the new hub...

1 Like

Who has 2 thumbs and a C-8 on the way?

:+1::grinning::+1: This guy!

8 Likes

Me too. Now have to research migration.

2 Likes

It's incredibly easy

1 Like

Oh nice, it's live on the site! It comes with the external antennas we've all be asking for! :sunglasses:

I wonder if USB-C has replaced that abomination MicroB for Power?

EDIT: Details are up:

6 Likes

Yes, it is USB-C power now. Same 1A requirement.

6 Likes